Location: AA Headquarters 1 (DFW-HDQ1)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 30500
Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You've come to the right place.
You don't have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We're glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we're building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry - and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
This position will help the engineering efforts in migrating from American's legacy voice infrastructure to an innovative enterprise voice, mobility, and Unified Communications solution. This position will also engineer, build, and lead small projects, resolve telephony issues, and optimize the enterprise voice infrastructure. The engineer will interact with various internal AA teams and external vendors, and is responsible for assisting with the effort to implement Unified Communications projects. Requires interaction with upper-level IT management, leads, engineers, and architects to ensure processes are efficient, sustainable, repeatable, and predictable.
Specifically, you'll do the following:
* Support Unified Communications projects for the enterprise's voice and telephony needs at campus locations, airports, sales offices, and reservations worldwide.
* Coordinate with architects to develop the strategy for defining, deploying, and maintaining voice services with regards to the Unified Communications architecture.
* Design, engineer, and deploy a reliable and robust Unified Communications architecture and platform.
* Prepare input to technical and architecture designs that detail the proposed UC technologies and their integration into the enterprise.
* Support the enterprise UC vision deliverables by implementing viable technologies, ensuring compatibility with the existing environment, and acting as a technical resource for peers and managers within the UC team.
* Research and remain current on emerging Unified Communications technologies, products, services, protocols, and standards that are directly in line with the UC vision, business needs, and requirements.
About The Job (Continued)
* Ability to develop and program applications to support automation
* Improve efficiency and reliability by streamlining manual processes that are redundant or repetitive.
* Collaborate with other business units to understand how automation can improve workflow.
* Ensure integration compatibility of new UC systems with enterprise LANs, WANs and Internet-based services and protocols.
* Plan for management or phasing out of legacy telephony systems and other switch based technologies.
* Support telecommunications infrastructure and its associated software, including PBXs, call management systems, voice mail, and interactive voice response, and respond to issue escalation and service interruption as a confident technical leader.
* Assume technical a role in problem resolution and root cause analysis, and provide actionable after-incident analysis to ensure root cause issues are logged and remediated.
* Maintain effective external relationships with UC vendors, consultants, and service providers. Leverage these relationships to ensure that the best fit solutions and resources are available to the enterprise. Where necessary, work with solution vendors during installations and deployments.
* Ability to travel up to 30% domestic and international
* Participate in on-call rotation (24x7 or after hours)
* B.S. Computer Science, Telecom, Engineering, or related discipline
* Technical knowledge of VoIP/IP telephony systems, PBXs, voice mail, ACD's, interactive voice services, call management systems, and telecommunications accounting systems
* 3 - 5 years of Telcom experience
* 5+ years of implementing Cisco CUCM
* Strong understanding of Cloud Architecture
* Hands on knowledge of SIP, H.323 (IP), H.320 (ISDN), TCP/IP
* Session Border Controller (SONUS, Acme Packet, Cisco, etc)
* Telephony Traffic and Engineering (Erlangs, Trunks, Blockage, etc)
* Technical knowledge of PSTN, VoIP, T1/PRI, MPLS, Frame Relay, ATM, ISDN and systems interconnectivity
* SIP Architecture Integration
Require Qualifications (Continued)
* Working knowledge of legacy TDM systems
* Experience working with the following platforms Avaya, NEC, Nortel, and Lync
* Understanding of VoIP QoS issues and mitigation strategies (G711, G729, etc)
* Microsoft Visio
* DNS/ENUM and Dialing Plan
* Scripting, API integration, and relevant programming languages
* Database queries with languages such as PL/SQL, DB2 or T-SQL
* Object Oriented Analysis, Design Patterns, and Frameworks
* Experience deploying and supporting Unified Communications collaboration tools using integrated voice, video, and data architectures
* Experience with telecom/data carrier provisioning, billing, and troubleshooting procedures
* Experience with VoIP networking and technical proficiency in LAN/WAN architectures
* Experience with current best practices in IT standards, principles, and security practices
* Experience in working in ticket management systems such as Cherwell and VEC Portal
* Experience with Telecom automation preferred
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 30500
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Network, Telecom, Telecommunications, Engineer, Network Engineer, Technology, Engineering
About American Airlines
American Airlines operates as a network air carrier.