Location: AA Headquarters 2 (DFW-HDQ2)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 30708
Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You've come to the right place.
You don't have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We're glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we're building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry - and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
This job is a member of the Information Technology Team, within the Information Technology Division. This position will design, build, deploy, and support hardware and software to monitor the AA IT environment.
Specifically, you'll do the following:
* Administers and maintains Situational Awareness Engineering (SAE) tools through collaborative efforts with team members and third party vendors; collaborates with application and technology owners to bring them into the Situational Awareness Environment
* Ensures a stable enterprise wide environment and reviews high impact outages to ensure the proper processes and procedures are in place to avoid problems in the future
* Proactively identifies troublesome trends as they develop; analyzes/predicts trends and develops a long-range plan designed to resolve problems and prevent them from recurring; maintains high service levels for the IT community
* Collaborates with project managers, engineers, administrators, and customers to deliver projects on time and within budget
* Drives performance monitoring tools related technology lifecycles, including research, designing, testing, and prototyping
* Participates in various IT projects intended to continually improve/upgrade the infrastructure, such as evaluation of new software and hardware required to meet a business need or to make a process more effective
* Works with suppliers on product lifecycle and refresh planning
* Develops documentation for requirements, operational policies, and procedures , as well as documentation to deploy monitoring tools to the data center and application operations teams
* Proactively recommends courses of action to maintain cost effectiveness and competitiveness
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
* 2 years of experience handling production issues
* 3 years of experience with monitoring the entire OSI stack with various tools
* Experience working with continuous integration and/or continuous delivery systems such as Jenkins
* Expertise in Windows/Linux (Server 2012/2016/RHEL)
* Working knowledge of one or more cloud technologies. PCF, Azure, Citrix, AWS, Google
* Knowledge of IP networking including TCP,UDP, DNS, DHCP, firewalls, IP routing, etc.
* Experience with New Relic Synthetics highly desired
Required Qualifications (Continued)
* Knowledge of security principles and methods
* Experience in Agile methodologies
* Solid judgment and analytical skills; strong follow-up and organizational skills
* Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs
* Ability to anticipate user requirements and identify and resolve complex problems; strong customer service and communications skills
* Experience in evaluating and explaining problems or situations; root cause analysis
* Experience with New Relic Synthetics
* IT platform administration experience
* Airline Industry experience
* Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all levels within the organization
* Ability to explain technical concepts and adjust messaging based on the audience, including non-technical groups
* Ability to influence through outstanding interpersonal skills, collaboration, and negotiation skills
* Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as independently
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 30708
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Engineer, Information Systems, Computer Science, Cloud, Linux, Engineering, Technology
About American Airlines
American Airlines operates as a network air carrier.