Location: AA Headquarters 2 (DFW-HDQ2)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 27470
Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You've come to the right place.
You don't have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We're glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we're building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry - and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
This job is a member of the Information Technology Team, within the Information Technology Division. This position is responsible for leveraging cutting edge technology to solve business problems at American Airlines by participating in all phases of the development process from inception through transition, advocating the Agile process and test-driven development, using object-oriented development tools to analyze, model, design, construct and test reusable objects, and making the codebase a better place to live and work.
Specifically, you'll do the following:
* Collaborates with leaders, business analysts, project managers, IT architects, technical leads and other developers, along with internal customers, to understand needs and develop solutions according to business requirements
* Collaborates with infrastructure technology stakeholders to define and document strategies and standard processes
* Designs, develops, documents, and deploys support contact center technologies and tools
* Troubleshoots and debugs complex issues; identifies and implements solutions
* Creates detailed project specifications, requirements, and estimates
* Researches and implements new technologies to enhance current processes, security, and performance
* Supports the development of coding standards and adhere to best practices and security guidelines
* Manages requirement gathering, analysis, and troubleshooting for user requests
* Provides design approaches and solutions to support the key initiatives and programs
* Provides production support of reporting application
* Maintains database and administers changes or modifications
* Develops and maintains usable standard repository
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
* 3 years of full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience, using ITIL, Agile, XP, or similar methodologies
* Demonstrated expertise developing Genesys applications in transaction routing or business process improvements environments, according to Agile development methodologies
* Proficiency and demonstrated experience in the following technologies:
* Genesys technologies and solutions
* Genesys 7.6 (or greater) routing tools (i.e. URS, IRD, GA, CME, Composer)
* T-SQL, PL/SQL and SQL
* VoIP using SIP
* Experience working closely with Infrastructure teams to coordinate Routing changes and their impact on reporting
* Ability to analyze complex problems and implement solutions and/or workarounds
* Ability to perform and thrive in a collaborative consensus-oriented environment
* Ability to grasp technology vision and roadmap
* Demonstrated initiative, flexibility, and ability to adapt to changing priorities and work environments
* Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a keen desire to learn and expand depth of knowledge
* Experience in DevOps Toolchain methodologies, including Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment
* Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio)
* Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
* 5+ years of full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience, using ITIL, Agile, XP, or similar methodologies
* Proficiency and demonstrated experience in Linux/VMware
* Airline Industry experience, including business systems and technology
* Ability to explain technical concepts and adjust messaging based on the audience, including non-technical groups
* Ability to influence through outstanding interpersonal skills, collaboration, and negotiation skills
* Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as independently
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 27470
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Application Developer, Developer, Engineer, Telecom, Telecommunications, Technology, Engineering
About American Airlines
American Airlines operates as a network air carrier.