Location: AAFCU Headquarters (DFW-AACU)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 31136
Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You've come to the right place.
You don't have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We're glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we're building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry - and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
This job is a member of the Credit Union Team within the American Airlines Credit Union. We are looking for an empathetic, creative User Experience professional with a well-rounded background in visual, interaction and mobile design to join the American Airlines Credit Union's UX team. This UX Generalist role primarily supports the Marketing team of Product Advertising analysts, along with other business unit teams, with the design, development and implementation of solution updates for the Credit Union's main website and integrated mobile and web services applications.
Specifically, you'll do the following:
* Works in collaboration with the UX Design Strategy Manager and cross-org development teams to review and provide ongoing iterative design and content solutions for the Credit Union's main website, ancillary sites and digital channels
* Assists with email campaign system management and execution, including creating content structure, content entry, data mapping and working with integrated MarTech solutions
* Assists with strategic creative thinking and collaboration support to help provide web services design and development solutions for Marketing Analysts' product campaigns, including managing microsites and form applications built on content management systems
* Works with the UX Design Strategy Manager for UX Design research and discovery phases
About The Job (Continued)
* Assists with evaluating and testing markup and code to ensure that it is valid, properly structured, meets industry standards and is compatible with browsers, devices or operating systems
* Works in concert with the UX Design Strategy Manager and Content Strategy team to provide iterative content updates, following SEO and Information Architecture strategies
* Provides minimal on-call support for related website maintenance, cross-channel service events and/or updates related to business continuity communications
* Ability for on-call availability, sometimes requiring minimal evening or weekend hours
* Ability to work in a busy environment
* Ability to maintain satisfactory performance and attendance
* Ensures the security and confidentiality of all account and related information which is part of their work and for ensuring that his/her work is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act
* High school diploma or GED
* Skilled in Microsoft Office software (e.g., Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) gained through either work experience with the software or education and hands-on use of the software
* Knowledge of both Adobe Dreamweaver and Microsoft Visual Studio
* Experience with Adobe CC suite and other design prototyping tools (e.g. Axure, Adobe XD, Sketch)
* Knowledge of front-end development skill sets and frameworks: HTML5, CSS3, (Bootstrap), JS, jQuery, JSON, XML and the knowledge of how it functions with back-end development.
* Skilled in intermediate to expert understanding of the entire design and development process: research, accessibility (ADA & WAI-ARIA), content strategy, SEO, information architecture, optimization, UX and how it affects UI design
* Mobile design, development knowledge for both iOS and Android devices
* Knowledge of Google Analytics, SiteCatalyst or other web tracking and analytics tools
* Firm grasp of back-end web development with .NET (C#) content management systems and working knowledge of web services APIs is an advantage
* Skilled in Intermediate to Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite tools
* Knowledge of basic SQL (MySQL) is an advantage
* Ability to exercise excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work with a diverse set of people from various disciplines and levels of management
Required Qualifications (Continued)
* Ability to work as an independent contributor with minimal supervision and capable of self-direction, yet also capable of occasionally working with internal and external business teams or creative agencies
* Ability to problem solve and provide solution for small web services project
* Knowledge of AACU products, brand and vision is an advantage
* Ability to pass applicable American Airlines pre-hire compliance checks
* Must have acceptable credit history, which will be verified
* Associate's Degree in Web Design and Development, UX Design Certification, or related fields; or two to three years of directly related experience
* Experience working in the financial industry, with the understanding of the need for data security, a strong attention to detail and a passion for quality member experience (user advocate)
* Well-rounded communication skills, with ability to work with a wide spectrum of users; technical and non-technical
* Experience with projects involving progressive enhancement, (responsive/adaptive) design
* Experience with prototyping, front-end UI debugging and cross-browser/device testing
* Experience in Digital Marketing
* Experience working with a version control system, or at the very least, a basic understanding of revision control processes and staging workflows
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 31136
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Credit, Credit Union, Bank, Banking, Finance, Marketing
About American Airlines
American Airlines operates as a network air carrier.