What you'll be doing...
The Enterprise Architecture group is seeking a Technical Architect to play a critical, client-facing role that interacts with multiple application teams with the goal of creating the next generation architecture in service of Verizon customers.
* The architect will facilitate collaboration sessions and ensure consistency and alignment across Enterprise from both a technical and process alignment perspective.
* This individual will work closely with internal stakeholders from a strategic perspective in technology and vendor assessments to establish and maintain technical assets within the enterprise technology portfolio.
* This individual will also assist teams in defining and maintaining outer architectural solutions like customer experience, performance and logging architectures.
* Responsible for Technical assessment, evaluation and ultimately selection of products, tools, and technologies (i.e. micro-services & UI technologies) that overlay to the Northstar architecture.
* Architect will ensure solution aligns with other Verizon units creating a technology aligned user experience. Be a subject matter expert in user experience, performance and logging architecture that meets enterprise architecture standard
* Design and develop a reference implementation (sample working code) for enterprise scale architecture. Reference implementations should be usable as starting modules that development teams can use to speed up development.
* Play a significant role in overall technology architecture and evolution of next gen platforms. Candidate will research the existing application footprint and recommend solutions to run application workloads on Next Gen architecture (i.e Service Mesh, API). Ability to think out of the box and research solutions that will work for Verizon customers and employees.
* Coaching and mentoring of development teams, conducting brown-bags and implementing proof of concepts. Mentor and support development teams during key migrations to align with NorthStar architecture.
What we're looking for...
You will have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Engineering
* Eight or more years of relevant work experience.
* Technology experience in one or more evolving areas : Digital/Mobility, Customer/User experience, API and Micro services, SEO, Content Management, Analytics, Machine Learning, Cloud and SAAS/PAAS platforms.
* Ability to have deep dive discussions with SME's in this space.
* The ideal candidate will be highly versatile to communicate at the right level of detail and with a clear message when interacting with stakeholders.
* Experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
* Experience with Microservices and RESTFUL APIs.
* Experience with containerization platforms, such as Docker, Kubernetes, and PCF.
* Experience with cloud computing platforms like AWS.
* Knowledge of competing cloud platforms to AWS like GCP and Azure.
* DB experience with both relational and no-sql databases such as Oracle, UDB, Cassandra, MongoDB and Amazon Aurora.
* Application server experience with platforms such as Nginx, Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere, WebLogic.
* Experience with Application Performance and customer experience management products like New Relic, Dynatrace, Tealeaf, Glassbox, Sitespeed and sitecatalyst.
* Capability to code complex problems in Java, .NET, C, C++ or equivalent language and Mobile technologies (i.e. iOS & Android).
* Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams.
* Communication & stakeholder management skills.
* Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues.
* Proficiency with AWS solutions (AWS Solutions Architect Certification).
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.