What you'll be doing...
If you are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates, then this job may be perfect for you. As part of the Information Technology team, you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers' needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will use your expertise to solve complex problems and find unique solutions. The work you'll do every single day will make people's lives, work and play better.
We are looking to hire a Junior Java Developer to join the Verizon System of Engagement Team.
* Participate in coding activities.
* Provide the progress of development to development manager.
* Support enterprise releases, maintenance releases.
* Participate in architecture enhancements.
* Demo application functionality to external team members, business owners and explain the existing functionality.
* Work with the development team and other production support team members to ensure the applications are working as expected.
* Work with the architects to come up with new ideas to improve overall application functionality and performance.
* Document processes and requirements in detail to support other development efforts by other team members.
* Take new challenges and learn new technologies quickly as and when needed.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or one or more years of work experience.
* Experience in programming with Java and J2EE technologies.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in Computer Science or any other relevant discipline.
* Experience with Linux and Knowledge of AWS (Amazon Web Services).
* Knowledge with backend frameworks like Hibernate, Drools and experience with other BPM tools.
* Knowledge of applicable methodologies, tools, standards and procedures.
* Good interpersonal skills, strong writing and communication skills.
* Critical thinking, decision-making and leadership aptitude.
* Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.