What you'll be doing...
The Senior Network Consultant will manage the design, implementation, and handoff of complex network solutions spanning multiple technologies for a wide range of customers, from small to large enterprise, while providing senior technical leadership within the immediate team and the PS organization as a whole. Additional this role will be responsible for high level design, level of effort scoping, pricing, and management of partner selection in support of Professional Services presales activities.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
* Developing the trusted technical advisor relationships with internal organizations.
* Consistently demonstrate the value of Verizon Network PS by identifying areas of improvement for the Network PS team, maintaining a high level of quality and professionalism within assigned tasks, and increasing organizational exposure through direct engagement with pre and post sales organizations in multiple capacities.
* Provide senior leadership both within the Network PS team as well as within assigned engagements.
* Evolve and support the growth of the network PS practice through offering development, engagement with partner vendors to identify and vet new technologies and proposed solutions, and assisting with the vetting of potential team members.
* Sustain a leadership role within team through mentorship, sharing experience and knowledge through technical sessions, and leading by example, both through professional interactions and the continued pursuit of expert level knowledge within multiple fields.
* Accept individual ownership of critical issues, creatively thinking through to develop resolutions.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Professional level industry certifications within the network engineering field such as CCNP or equivalent.
* Six years of technical experience and increasing responsibility (team lead, mentoring, and technical lead for large, multi-technology deployments).
* Experience with Internet of Things (IoT) solutions, design, and deployment in areas such as intelligent video, public safety, intelligent lighting, big data processing, etc.
* Demonstrated expertise with SDWAN technologies design and deployment.
* Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree or higher with a STEM focus (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math).
* Or eight years of military service within a communications specialty (i.e. tactical data communications, technical controller, satellite communications, cyber security, etc.)
* Or eight years of experience within network engineering and other data communications fields.
* Demonstrated expertise in solution design.
* Demonstrated expertise in correlating business drivers and needs (financial drivers, impacts, and restrictions) into technical solutions, on proposed solutions.
* Demonstrated communication and relational skills - able to form a trusted advisor relationships, able to listen and guide a technical discussion, able to clearly articulate complex topics.
* Able to take high level direction and proactively move a project or internal initiative from start to finish with minimal assistance.
* Able to perform a wide variety of technical and organizational tasks and may lead or direct the work of others.
* Demonstrated history of mentoring less experienced engineers while maintaining productive relationships with peers.
* Professional or lower level industry technical certifications such as CCNP (any track), CCNA (any track), JNCIP (any track), etc.
* Certifications and/or significant exposure in other technical areas such as MCSE, CEH, security, UC, etc.
* Demonstrated knowledge of, and interest in, emerging technologies such as 5G, IoT, SDN, NFV, etc.
* Experience with any of the following:
* Cellular WAN technologies and solutions, WAN optimization, Wireless LAN, datacenter technologies (load balancers, datacenter switching, etc.), virtualization technologies and concepts (Hypervisors, orchestration, software defined datacenter, NFV, etc.), security appliances and concepts (firewalls, IPS/IDS, identity management, access controls, etc.).
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.