What you'll be doing...
You will be working with a group of high energy software professionals, utilizing state of the art tools to combat fraud across Verizon footprint. The team helps build and maintain AI ML based models to predict fraud on both new and existing customer transactions. These models utilize past and live data from ordering, billing, provisioning, fulfilment and network systems to dynamically score the risk of ordering transactions and network events. Each month this group helps to prevent millions of dollars in fraud losses.
You will be also responsible for the rep facing GUI used to perform case management for our Fraud Prevention Team.
* The GUI is used by fraud center reps to track various activities during a fraud investigation.
* This position will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of major and minor monthly production releases with minimal defects.
* This role will also be responsible for the successful migration of all fraud application functions from current on-prem infrastructure to Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment.
* Leading a team of engineers and managers, planning and reviewing their work, plus removing barriers and solving problems to help them be optimally productive and deliver work on time.
* Creating the software vision for effective fraud detection and prevention using best of breed tools and practices.
* Developing highly-available applications and service stacks which can easily scale in public cloud or virtualized environments.
* Nurture a security by design culture which minimizes post production security vulnerabilities.
* Obsess over fraud loss prevention and improving frictionless customer experience.
* Build a highly motivated team that raises the bar on productivity and innovation.
* Promoting, implementing, and educating about Agile software development.
* Monitor and control production systems and implement operational procedures to maximize systems availability and efficiency.
* Communicate regularly with client and members of other IT groups (Production support, Applications Development, Network Services, etc.) on project status,
* planned work and user involvement required.
* Establish effective working relationships with peers and manage the social system to be an effective change agent.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in Data modeling tools such as SAS, Python, R, H20.ai etc.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Seven or more years of relevant work experience managing large project teams.
* Three years of experience managing medium to large size teams.
* One or more years in AI & Machine Learning models.
* Experience with RDBMS such as Oracle or PostgreSQL.
* One or more years in AWS environment.
* Excellent PowerPoint and presentation skills.
* Well versed in DevOps tools such as GIT, JIRA & Jenkins.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.