Search for more jobs
Senior Technical Consultant
* Job: 19118-PGUI
* Location: US-CA-Torrance
* Department: Technical Sales Engineering
Are you passionate about architecting cutting edge software solutions and working on cross-functional teams? Do you enjoy programming in MATLAB and modeling in Simulink? If so, you may be a perfect fit for a Senior Technical Consultant role at MathWorks. The primary responsibilities of the Senior Technical Consultant are to assist customers in the application of MathWorks tools on their projects and to help improve these tools.
The location for this position is at the Torrance, CA MathWorks Office.
* Simulation of physical layer LTE, WLAN, or 5G wireless technologies
* Design digital baseband and front end algorithms for wireless systems
* Use of software-defined radios for wireless prototyping and test
* Consulting project execution: Technical application of MathWorks tools, especially the Company's tools for HDL Code Generation, Communications and/or Signal Processing.
* Consulting project management: Maintain and track task lists, requirements, and customer interaction. Direct team members to fulfill tasks. Ensure that project team members are adequately utilized.
* Consulting sales: Interact with MathWorks Sales staff and customers to sell consulting services.
* Proposal development: Gather customer technical and business requirements and estimate project costs to create consulting service proposals.
* Consulting product development: Work directly with the Development teams on improving the product through identification of defects and the gathering customer requirements for enhancements
* Maintaining an active role in outside professional organizations by writing conference and journal articles and participating in technical committees or local professional society chapters
* Travel as required: Travel to customer facilities and MathWorks field offices and subsidiaries up to 40% of the time.
* The ability to work as part of a cross-functional (Consulting, Sales, Marketing, and Development) team is essential
* A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
* Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
* Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
* Experience with Signal Processing and Communications
* Expert knowledge of MATLAB, Simulink and Stateflow
* Prior experience providing services is a major plus
* Experience working on FPGA and SoC platforms such as Xilinx Zynq and Altera SoC
* Expert knowledge of Signal Processing and Communications algorithms, theory and standards such as 3GPP and IEEE
* Knowledge of digital modulation techniques, adaptive equalization and MIMO
* Experience with V2X (Vehicle-to-Infrastructure communications)
* Experience with RADAR and/or LIDAR systems
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.