* Job: 18967-TTER * Location: US-MA-Natick * Department: Product Development
We are looking for a versatile, enthusiastic engineer capable of multi-tasking to join our team. You will help develop software tools to facilitate the application of reinforcement learning to practical industrial application in areas such as robotics and other autonomous systems. You will need skills that cross traditional domain boundaries in areas such as machine learning, controller design, optimization, object-oriented programming, and graphical user interface design.
* Develop and implement new software tools to help our customers apply reinforcement learning to their applications. * Work on improving the integration of reinforcement learning tools for Simulink. * Contribute to all aspects of the product development process from writing functional specifications to designing software architecture to implementing software features. * Work with quality engineering, documentation, and usability teams to develop state-of-the-art software tools.
* A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
* Knowledge of numerical algorithms. * Experience with MATLAB or Simulink. * Experience with machine learning.
Nice to Have:
* Experience in robotics. * Experience with multi-agent systems. * Experience with object-oriented design and programming. * Experience with software development lifecycle. * Experience with other programming languages.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
About The Mathworks
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.