First Republic Bank
Senior SWEBoston, MA
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Technology, we support First Republic's employees and clients through the acquisition, integration and management of the Bank's information technology systems and services. We drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so our people can be productive and focus on what matters most - providing extraordinary service.
What you'll do as a Senior SWE:
The data engineer will help the team in formulating, executing and operationalize the data migration and engineering efforts. The role will be a data champion in evangelizing the industry best practices regards to data architecture for storage, migration and complete data life cycle. Will study the current architecture for data migration through ETL and apply relevant technology skills in rewriting and establishing frameworks for a well architected data environment. This will include on Premise work and also moving data to cloud with semantic changes. The data engineer will report to Director of Data Architecture and help continued support for maintaining, improve or replace Informatica MDM hub Services. The data engineer should be proficient in Java/J2EE/web services; data streaming technologies; Pear/Python or relevant scripting technologies. This position will work closely with key stakeholders in business and IT. The candidate should have hands-on level understanding of data technologies and be willing to learn new technologies with a proven "can do" attitude. Should have knowledge of EAI, SOA and ETL integration methods. The person will also need to have critical thinking and debugging skills to be able to support the data application and tools.
Experience should include, but not limited to:
* Database development and data analysis experience
* Experience with relational, no-sql and big data storage, query and data movement tools.
* Hands on experience with Kafka/Storm/Spark for a pub/sub data streaming model
* API Development using Sprint-boot framework
* Experience working in an established CI/CD pipeline.
* Follows automate-first/automate-everything philosophy
* Data architecture and data reporting experience
* Exposure to ETL tools similar to Informatica Power Center
* Creating queries, packages, hierarchies and other relationships
* Experience with trouble shooting the development stack including database tier, application server tier and provide support for operations
* Provide production support as required
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You'll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability - that's the First Republic way.
About First Republic Bank
First Republic Bank offers private banking, private business banking and private wealth management services.