Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. provides continuous glucose monitoring technology to help patients and their clinicians better manage diabetes. Since our inception, we have focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions for people with diabetes - while empowering our community to take control of diabetes.
Functional Description: Technical Individual Contributor
Initiates, directs and executes all pre-clinical scientific research and/or development strategies in research and/or development. Investigates the feasibility of applying a wide variety of scientific principles and concepts to potential inventions, products and problems. Plans and executes laboratory research. Demonstrates appropriate technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought. Maintains broad knowledge of stateof-the-art principles and theories. Makes major contributions to scientific literature and conferences. May act as spokesperson on corporate research and development and advise top management. May participate in development of patent applications. Interfaces with various departments and serves as internal consultant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Lead / participate in brainstorm meetings to conceptualize next generation sensors and components
* Explore state of the art high-volume manufacturing methods
* Collaborate with strategic suppliers in the development and evaluation of novel materials, processes and components
* Select and engage with new suppliers
* Design and prototype samples series for evaluation
* Develop and maintain COGS models
* Lead root cause analysis and mitigation of manufacturing processes
* Develop and execute / oversee experimental plan together with Test Engineers and Technicians
* Develop and maintain Critical-to-Quality requirements for new and existing processes and components
* Apply statistical principles in designing and analyzing test plans (e.g. DOE, ANOVA, sampling)
* Oversee / lead Test Engineers and Technicians
* Experience with technology exploration and small series prototyping
* Experience with electrochemical (bio)sensors and related manufacturing processes strongly preferred
* Knowledge of high volume manufacturing processes
* Demonstrated strength in project management, maintaining timelines and technology transfer
* Proficient in data analysis and statistics (statistical software such as Matlab or JMP preferred)
* Excellent communication (written and verbal) and personal interaction skills
* Experience as a supervisor is preferred
* Medical device industry experience is an advantage
Experience and Education Requirements:
* Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, and a minimum of 15+ years related experience or a Master's degree and 10+ years equivalent industry experience or a PhD and 7+ years of experience.Creative engineer with strong innovation track record
* Possesses expert knowledge of leading technical areas.
* May be externally recognized as an expert in technical field.
* High level of understanding of solving unique problems where analysis requires an in-depth evaluation and may impact future concepts or technologies.
* Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
* Demonstrates ability to discover and identify processes, novel science and technology which lead to increased productivity and results.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Dexcom is a company that develops, manufactures and distributes continuous glucose monitoring systems for diabetes management.