As a Senior Solutions Consultant on our Professional Services team you will work with clients on short to medium term customer engagements solving their big data problems using Apache Spark and the Databricks platform. You will do Data Engineering and/or Data Science, integration of client systems, training, and other technical tasks to enable customers to get value out of their data with Databricks.
* Support customers successful understanding, evaluation and adoption of Databricks
* Consult on architecture and design, bootstrap, and/or implement strategic customer projects
* Build references architectures, how-to's, and demo applications for customers
* Provide escalated level of support for critical customer operational issues
* Architect, implement, and/or validate integrations with 3rd party applications
* Work closely with the Databricks technical team, Project Manager, Architect and Customer team to ensure the technical components of the engagement are delivered to meet customer's business needs.
* Works closely with Engineering and Databricks Customer Support to provide product and implementation feedback and to drive rapid resolution for engagement specific product and support issues.
* Candidate should be open to 50% travel to customer sites
* Experience with Big Data Technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, and Storm
* Experience with related Big Data technologies including Hadoop
* Proven written communication and documentation skills, along with strong presentation and whiteboarding skills
* Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills
* Quick learner - Builds skills in technical areas which support the deployment and integration of Databricks based solutions to drive customer projects
* Is a self-starter, prioritizing on getting the right tasks done first, and ability to work remotely with little to no supervision
* Comfortable with traveling to multiple customer locations
* 8+ years in customer-facing pre-sales, technical architecture or consulting role
* Comfortable writing code in either Python or Scala
* Medical, dental, vision
* 401k Retirement Plan
* Unlimited Paid Time Off
* Catered lunch (everyday), snacks, and drinks
* Gym reimbursement
* Employee referral bonus program
* Awesome coworkers
* Maternity and paternity plans
Databricks' mission is to accelerate innovation for its customers by unifying Data Science, Engineering and Business. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform for data science teams to collaborate with data engineering and lines of business to build data products. Users achieve faster time-to-value with Databricks by creating analytic workflows that go from ETL and interactive exploration to production. The company also makes it easier for its users to focus on their data by providing a fully managed, scalable, and secure cloud infrastructure that reduces operational complexity and total cost of ownership. Databricks, venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA and Battery Ventures, among others, has a global customer base that includes Salesforce, Viacom, Shell, and HP. For more information, visit www.databricks.com.
Apache, Apache Spark and Spark are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.
Databricks is a company providing a unified analytics platform for data science teams to collaborate with data engineering and lines of business to build data products.