Customer Success Engineers at Databricks serve as the trusted technical advisors for our customers. They drive business value, offer advice, and grow accounts. At Databricks we work on some of the most complex distributed processing systems and our customers challenge us with interesting new big-data processing requirements. As the complexity grows for both us and our customers, we are looking to our Customer Success Engineers to strategize and lead customers to solutions. This is done with use case discovery, Databricks evangelism, and oftentimes teaching the product to new users. A Customer Success Engineer must be ready to interact and have technical discussions with data scientists and engineers, then demonstrate the value of Databricks in business discussions with company executives. The goal is to enable our customers to become successful and enthusiastic Databricks champions. A Customer Success Engineer has a key role internally as well. This position is dynamic and highly cross-functional. Armed with key customer insight and knowledge, a Customer Success Engineer must regularly work with the sales, product, engineering, support, and marketing teams.
* Manage the customer lifecycle for an assigned number of accounts. You will need to build relationships with them and regularly engage by presenting product roadmaps and executive briefings, running QBRs, managing escalations, and conducting regular status calls.
* Learn and become a Databricks + Spark expert! Customers will look to you for advice and expertise.
* Strategize and identify new use cases to grow accounts. Find areas where Databricks can provide the most business value that will drive renewals.
* Engage with the product team to drive customer requests and influence our roadmap.
* Liaise closely with the technical support team and other core Databricks teams to ensure that customer requests and escalations are resolved.
* Identify and achieve targets on renewal rates, customer satisfaction, expansions, upsells, and new opportunities in assigned accounts.
* Develop Databricks champions and generate customer references for the marketing team.
* Be a true proponent of customer advocacy.
* Be a team player and coach other team members.
* Minimum 5 years experience working in customer-facing technical roles (in Customer Success, consulting, or related discipline)
* Experience at a SaaS company or with cloud architectures
* Outstanding communication and customer relationship skills
* Languages: Scala, Python, or SQL
* Excellent organization skills and ability to multitask in a fast-paced startup environment
* Familiarity with the end-to-end data analytics workflow
* Good understanding of databases and data warehousing
* Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills, particularly those that apply to a 'big data' environment
* Some travel required
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
* Fluency with cloud services such as AWS or Azure
* Fluency with distributed streaming platforms (Kafka, Kinesis)
* Experience working with large scale data processing services (Hadoop)
* Background in machine learning or working with ML tools and services.
* Medical, dental, vision
* 401k Retirement Plan
* Unlimited Paid Time Off
* Catered lunch (everyday), snacks, and drinks
* Gym reimbursement
* Employee referral bonus program
* Awesome coworkers
* Maternity and paternity plans
Databricks' mission is to accelerate innovation for its customers by unifying Data Science, Engineering and Business. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform for data science teams to collaborate with data engineering and lines of business to build data products. Users achieve faster time-to-value with Databricks by creating analytic workflows that go from ETL and interactive exploration to production. The company also makes it easier for its users to focus on their data by providing a fully managed, scalable, and secure cloud infrastructure that reduces operational complexity and total cost of ownership. Databricks, venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA and Battery Ventures, among others, has a global customer base that includes Salesforce, Viacom, Shell, and HP. For more information, visit www.databricks.com.
Apache, Apache Spark and Spark are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.
Databricks is a company developing a unified data analytics platform.