Req ID: 47454
Job Family: Information Technology/Software Development
Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
Sabre Air Shopping is a high performance engine with the ability to derive optimal solution sets for shopping efficacy in a feature rich environment at the lowest reasonable costs. The solutions are used by travel agents, online users, and airline reservation agents for finding available and applicable low-fare options for specific dates or calendar requests. Customers can customize their requests with qualifiers to include alternate airlines, airports, cities, flight times, inventory, and other search criteria. The QA team ensures high quality customer experience through systematic use of agile testing practices. This is a highly technical position supporting the Machine Learning scrum team.
* Creates appropriate test scenarios based on software specification
* Designs, creates, executes and maintains automated and manual tests
* Develops and executes software test plans
* Document detailed steps to reproduce defect
* Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action
* Consults with development engineers and business analysts to resolve problems
* Assists with the designing, coding and execution of automated test scripts
* Attends status meetings and provides oral and written reports regarding work progress
* May take part in researching best practices, new tools and technology
Required experience and skills:
* 4+ years' experience in Quality Assurance testing, writing and executing test plans
* Scripting experience including JAVA, Python or Shell
* Experience with testing in Agile/ Iterative Development
* Experience in working with XML
* Basic knowledge of SQL
* Unix at user level
* Knowledge of bug tracking tools such as JIRA
* Strong problem solving skills
* Ability to handle multiple task/subprojects simultaneously, organization skills
Preferred experience and skills:
* Basic knowledge of testing domain
* Experience in working with global, distributed teams
* Experience in backend system testing
* Experience in Airline or Travel Industry
* Knowledge of regular expressions
* Knowledge of SVN (or another version control tool)
* Experience in test automation tools (e.g. JMeter, Selenium, Fitnesse, QTP)
* Experience in using Quality Center (ALM) or other test management tool
* Experience in coding using C++ and/or JAVA
* Very Good English communication skills, written and verbal
Sabre is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants applying for a Sabre position with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact Sabre's Compliance Office at email@example.com.
Sabre is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. EEO IS THE LAW
Stay connected with Sabre Careers
Job Segment: Developer, Testing, Database, SQL, Java, Technology
Apply now "
Sabre is a technology company that provides global travel and tourism industry solutions.