Twitch is seeking senior engineers to lead new initiatives on distributed systems for our video infrastructure team. The video origin team is building a new iteration of our video services that allows instant and scalable video broadcasting in a multi-tenant fashion. Our team powers video broadcasting, transcoding and vod recording for Twitch, as well as new customers like Amazon Live's shopping channel.
We are looking for a senior engineer, with strong architectural as well as debugging skills, that cares about scalability, availability and quality to build the next generation of our new multi-tenant video services. We effectively use a wide variety of techniques across many domains to bring leading-edge cost effective instantly provisioned video ingestion and encoding.
Being a part of the video origin team will mean your focus will be on discovering innovative solutions to scale up and reduce the cost of video data ingestion and encoding, from networking down to the hardware layer. We have a very unique opportunity to shape the future of the video industry and your goal to solve challenging problems will play a key role in its success. You will get exposure to all this, while having a fun and supportive culture at your disposal.
* Contribute with Code and system design to services under the ingest/origin team.
* Develop maintainable services and libraries using Golang and AWS services
* Help maintain the existing infrastructure allowing broadcasters to stream live video to Twitch
* Work effectively with other groups at Twitch and Amazon in order to deliver new components of the twitch video infrastructure
* Lead in the design, implementation, and deployment of successful internet-scale systems and services in support of the twitch video infrastructure
* Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems.
* Designing, building and maintaining scalable and reliable microservices, frameworks and libraries
* Writing tooling and services to make video broadcasting more efficient, easy, and robust.
* Mentoring junior engineers and constantly raise the bar of engineering practices across the team
* BS or higher in CS with 5+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience required
* Possess expert knowledge in performance, security, scalability, architecture, and best practices
* Proven track record of leading the delivery of large-scale, highly available, low latency, high quality systems and software products
* Hands-on technical experience in either building complex distributed systems or in designing platforms
* Experience leading development cycle processes and best practices
* Experience with cell based architectures and distributed systems
* Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
* Maternity & Parental Leave
* Flexible PTO
* Commuter Benefits
* Amazon Employee Discount
* Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
* Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
* Free Snacks & Beverages
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitch is a company that develops a social video platform and community for gamers, video game culture, and the creative arts.