Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience-birthing communities of passionate people around shared interests that go beyond games. In a time of increased disconnection, we are the world's leading video platform and community (built for gamers), with more than 100 million visitors per month. Gamers come together from around the world-broadcasting, watching, and chatting with each other on Twitch. Our live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for broadcasters-including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Learn more at http://twitch.tv.
In order to foster and support healthy thriving communities, we have an obligation to ensure access for people from all walks of life. The future of Twitch is for everyone- we welcome everyone and believe that our differences strengthen us as a global community. We believe in accessibility and inclusion by design imperative, and want to do this right to build a truly equitable experience. As the Accessibility & Inclusive Design Program Manager at Twitch, you will lead our effort across the company to create a program that strengthens our current approach, and engenders perspective, empathy, and a commitment to accessibility and inclusion across our product development teams. We will look to you to own the vision of how Twitch will be a welcome home for all, and we will work with you to bring this necessary vision to life.
Our design system at Twitch is the central tool used to create an accessible experience across all of our products. We carefully consider font sizes, contrast, translations, and ergonomic UI as the basis for our core patterns. You will contribute to and help shape the direction of our system by bringing your expertise, compassion, and guidance to our designers.
If you have strong leadership, mentorship, and communication abilities, which influence those around to collaborate and create wonderfully inclusive products, Twitch has a great group of people who will be excited to work with you.
* Build an accessibility and inclusive design program to work with business, product, design, science, engineering, customer support, and legal leaders to identify, prioritize and deliver high impact initiatives and across all of our products
* Identify, engage, and plan for internal collaboration with external experts or resources that can scale with product development
* Create clear, trackable annual goals that you will regularly report to leadership and leverage to drive change throughout the organization
* Collaborate with other Accessibility stakeholders (legal, research, policy, communications, etc) on goal setting, reporting, and execution
* Develop an educational program and deploy guidelines/resources for individual product designers and design teams to encourage independent contribution to program goals
* Build empathy across the company for accessibility and inclusive design
* Work directly with product and design leaders to problem-solve and address core accessibility issues
* Partner with our design, product, engineering, and user research teams to develop systems that are not only compliant but impactful for our broadcasters and their communities
* We don't have hard requirements on degrees or years of experience; we encourage anyone to apply that can demonstrate their skills as a program manager with the ability to improve accessibility and inclusive design at Twitch
* Successfully created and/or managed a cross company program with measurable goals and reportable outcomes
* Expertise in accessibility best practices, guidelines, and regulations-such as WCAG 2.0 and 2.1 and the CVAA; ability to consult with executive team on risk assessment
* Experience working with product, design, engineering, and legal teams to deliver accessibility audits, code reviews and other advisory services
* Experience working on consumer product accessibility both on video and communications products and across a variety of devices, such as desktop, smartphone, gaming console, and OTT services
* A strong awareness of assistive technologies available to people with disabilities
* You are a Twitch user yourself
* Familiarity with Twitch community and gaming space
* Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
* Maternity & Parental Leave
* Flexible PTO
* Commuter Benefits
* Amazon Employee Discount
* Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
* Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
* Free Snacks & Beverages
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitch is a social video platform and community for gamers, video game culture and the creative arts.