Senior Software Engineer, Specialty Retail Engineering
Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Senior Software Engineer in its Specialty Retail Engineering Team. This position is located in Livermore, California.
Albertsons-Safeway is rapidly expanding and modernizing its retail technology offerings and has a great opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer that is interested in being a key part of that journey with us. The right candidate will be responsible for designing and developing exciting, new software solutions and capabilities that will enable integration into our point of sale platform, enhance the in-store experience of our customers, and optimize the productivity of our associates.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Design and develop solutions that will be leveraged by customers in over 2300 stores
* Develop software and build integrations that will provide integration into our point of sale and fuel systems
* Build solutions that enable order ahead and kiosk ordering from our in-store deli and food service departments
* Responsible for the designing, coding, and debugging of high-quality application in various software languages
* Collaborate with appropriate teams to deliver software solutions according to SDLC best practices.
* Assist with the integration of automated test cases into a CI/CD pipeline
* Establish priorities and develop functional specifications for enhancements and modifications to the applications
* Complete estimates and work plans as appropriate for design, development, implementation and rollout tasks.
* Ensures and promotes effective and efficient utilization of company resources
* Assist with 24x7 support of the retail applications as a point of escalation
* 4-year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems, or related functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience
* 4 or more years of software development experience working with mission critical systems
* Experience working in the retail industry, with specific experience integrating with Toshiba POS, is preferred
* Extensive experience consuming SOAP/REST web services.
* Extensive experience with XML Schemas, AJAX, WSDL, WADL
* Extensive experience with processing XML/JSON data
* Experience with Git, Maven, Jenkins, VSTS desirable.
* Experience in Azure cloud technologies and DEVOPS practices
* Strong understanding of how to develop applications with a focus on performance, scalability, security, and maintainability
* Experience working in an agile environment
* Experience developing solutions that span multiple hosting environments (on-prem, public cloud, PaaS, and SaaS) is preferred
* Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills with a proven ability to create innovative solutions
* Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision. Ability to effectively communicate information to key stakeholders at all levels within the organization in both written and verbal forms
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting careersatsafeway.com
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Safeway is an American supermarket chain.