Sr. Software Engineer, eCommerce
Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Sr. Software Engineer in the eCommerce team. Our toolbox includes stuff like Java, Micro-services, Sprint Boot, Cassandra, Kafka, Oracle, WebLogic, AZURE cloud, OKTA,GIT, Angular, React, GIT, Gradle, Jenkins between cloud and on-prem environments. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
The eCommerce team provides cutting edge solutions to engage and delight our customers in their online experience across multiple brands within the Albertsons Inc. companies. The right candidate will be part of a fast moving and highly visible team and will pave the way in building a scalable digital experience platform.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* An expert in building digital solutions and you know your way around both server side and client-side code
* Curious and excited to learn new things and solve tricky issues in the simplest possible way.
* Motivated by taking a new feature all the way from inception, through research, design, development, and deployment up until it's being used by our customers.
* Participate in the implementation and enhancement of our digital experience platform
* Facilitate the implementation and adoption of new frameworks, tools and technologies.
* You also strive to help your colleagues when they need it
* Has a mindset and believes in CI/CD, Automation in developing modern software
* Minimum 8+ years of hands-on experience in developing software applications using Java , Spring Framework
* Minimum 2+ years of experience with cloud platform services and application development using Microsoft Azure OR AWS.
* Experienced in developing and designing solutions for high traffic/high volume in consumer facing industry domains.
* Experienced in designing and developing Microservices applying Reactive patterns.
* Experienced with NoSQL databases like Cassandra, Mongo db. etc.
* Extensive experience using Kalka, JMS, MQ etc.
* Experienced with analyzing and tuning code/application performance under High volume/High availability environments.
* Experienced in developing software using CI/CD, Automation
* Experienced with database design, writing and tuning queries.
* Experience with Linux/UNIX systems and the best practices for deploying applications to those stacks
* Innovative problem solver.
* Familiarity with Agile development methodology.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to translate business requirements into working solutions.
* Results oriented with an ability to work in team and individual contributor work environments.
* Strong organization skills with good interpersonal skills and a customer service-oriented attitude.
* Preferred experience using Pivotal Cloud Foundry is a plus.
* Working knowledge of emerging UI and Web frameworks.
* Experience with cloud services (AWS, Azure, etc.). Familiarity and experience with private/hybrid cloud Technologies
* Knowledge of the operating models for private cloud, IaaS, and PaaS technologies
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Safeway is a company operating a supermarket chain.