Senior Project / Program Manager
Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Senior Project / Program Manager. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
The Digital Customer Experience (CX) Scrum Master/Program Manager is a hybrid role where you will be responsible for leading a highly technical product development Engineering team, as well as leading the program within which this team plays a critical role. The Digital CX group is designing and building the next generation online shopping, loyalty & delivery web-based user interfaces, at scale for the Albertsons brands Digital eCommerce and Loyalty platforms. Key focus areas include: online shopping and delivery consumer facing functionality, loyalty and offer related systems (internal and customer facing), corporate and investor web sites.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Responsible for leading a distributed (local & offshore) Scrum team in planning and execution of strategic projects using Scrum Agile methodology and structure, metrics and practices
* Adoption and coaching for the team in existing Agile Scrum best practices, including the proficient use of industry standard tools, technologies, and methodologies.
* Work closely with product team, stakeholders, technical and project leads to establish goals, overall solution, high level project sizing and oversight for technical execution
* Responsible for building and presenting Scrum team and Program level metrics to peers and Management.
* Responsible for creating and enhancing the Release level program structure within which own and other Scrum teams build, test and release to production
* Ability to handle multiple projects within the program at any given time
* Ability to lead process, manage project and program level planning, budget estimation and tracking, resource planning and assessment, invoice review, financial planning and risk assessment.
* Well-organized, detail oriented, has great communication skills and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
* Performs the Program Management role as the owner of the financial position of all program projects.
* Ensuring that applicable regulatory directives are complied with e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley, current privacy legislation.
* Flexibility and ability to work collaboratively within a matrix, 'virtual' environment.
* Demonstrated ability to work with external vendors.
* 5+ years of Agile Scrum project management experience, including related tools such as JIRA & Confluence
* 3+ years program management experience, leading initiatives across teams
* Strong skills in Agile coaching, project planning, budget estimation and management, resource planning and assessment, financial planning and risk assessment.
* Advanced knowledge of process evaluation and improvement, including selection of products, tools, services and infrastructure components in line with an organization's business needs and architectural principles.
* Strong knowledge of Project Management Tools (e.g. MS Project, Visio, Agile, SDLC etc.)
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong expectation management, influencing and conflict resolution skills.
* Strong ability to collaborate across various groups, build relationships and manage effectively in a matrix organization.
* Strong ability to motivate teams and coach and train business system analysts and lower level project managers.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting careersatsafeway.com
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Safeway is a company operating a supermarket chain.