Location: Irving, TX
Play a key role in developing responsive UI Web Applications using the latest web technologies. Will also develop applications written in Java/J2EE technologies. Work in a team to design, develop, test and maintain Web Applications and Telematics Software platform.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Design and implement responsive web apps that are optimized to run on PC's, tablets and mobile devices.
* Analyze, design, and implement software solutions of varying complexity, including server-side, middleware, and user interface aspects.
* Work in an Agile software development environment with frequently changing requirements.
* Provide technical mentorship and guidance to junior team members.
* Provide well-written design documents from requirements documents (even loosely specified requirements).
* Support existing software including development of enhancements, defect resolution, determining and resolving performance issues, debugging, upgrading, deployment and migration.
* Participate in, coordinate, or conduct Software Engineering activities to mature the Telematics software infrastructure including architecture, design, methodologies, best practices, standards, etc.
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in computer science, related field, or equivalent, relevant experience.
* 5 years of experience on hands-on development projects.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Utilizes sound decision making skills and communicates well with other team members and business users.
* Identifies problems and recommends solutions.
* Performance will be measured by ability to deliver quality applications on time.
* Works in a team environment, including cross-functional teams and teams with business users throughout the company.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Participates in meetings and conference calls with clients.
* Initiative to research and learn emerging technologies.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Java/J2EE software development experience in a UNIX/Linux environment.
* Strong foundation in Object Oriented Design techniques.
* Experience in: JDK 1.8, JUnit, JSP/Servlets.
* Experience working with different Application servers.
* Frameworks like Struts, Spring.
* Knowledge of TCP/IP and related protocols - theoretical and also practical.
* Experience in building and maintaining scalable and distributed systems.
* Implementation using a relational database and frameworks like hibernate.
* Good SQL skills with knowledge of Oracle/DB2 RDBMS.
* Experience with version control software such as SVN, CVS etc. experience with IDE such as Eclipse.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to work across organizational boundaries.
* Proven success in delivering working solutions under tight deadlines.
* Experience using a Content Management System.
* Server knowledge: Glassfish, WildFly.
* Test Driven Development: Experience using JUnit, and mocking frameworks like PowerMock and EasyMock.
* Experience in designing and building scalable web services.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius XM
Sirius XM Holdings is a radio broadcaster.