Sirius Xm Radio Inc.
Position Type: Internship
Session: Fall 2019 (September 16 - December 6, 2019)
Location: Washington, D.C.
SiriusXM interns don't make coffee. They're on-air, on projects and making valuable contributions to SiriusXM. Join our internship program and learn about the world of radio and get hands-on experience in your field of study.
SiriusXM is looking for a digitally-savvy design intern to help the digital marketing design team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop UX deliverables such as process flows, wireframes, prototypes.
* Conduct UX research and competitive analyses.
* Create visual design mockups.
* Support user testing initiatives.
* Participate in digital marketing lunch and learn series.
* Support the team in creation of digital design, production art, design and user experience research, project management, design QA, requirements gathering.
* Gain an understanding of product design, digital design processes, design and user experience strategy, design software, and the interaction of the digital design function with marketing, business and executive teams.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in design, arts, media or related field.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Must be enrolled as a student in a college, university or trade school at the time of applying and interning. Students who have completed at least two years of college are preferred.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
* Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
* Project management experience within a digital environment is a plus.
* Experience working within an advertising agency or creative environment is a plus.
* Familiar with marketing communications strategy and processes, including online media, application design and website design and development.
* Strong interpersonal capabilities and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Well-organized, detail-oriented, energetic, independent and responsive to feedback.
* Strong spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Experience with digital design software, HTML and CSS, and a desire to translate product strategy and requirements into engaging and easy to use digital experiences.
* Experience with Adobe digital design software: Photoshop, Illustrator.
* Sketch and/or other digital design software. Experience with Sketch and/or Axure is a plus.
* Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
* Ability to embrace and learn internal project management tools and systems.
Please note that all SiriusXM Internships are paid.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius Xm Radio Inc.
Sirius XM Holdings is a radio broadcaster.