Location: San Francisco, CA
Automatic Labs, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is looking for a full-time software Technical Project Manager. The Technical Project Manager is responsible for coordinating software engineering efforts, including defining projects and tasks, detailing dependencies, assessing delivery risks and defining release schedules, as well as removing obstacles and communicating with stakeholders.
At Automatic Labs, we employ the Scrum/Agile development process, and the Project Manager will also lead the Scrum process acting as Scrum Master, managing project details in Jira and other development tools.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage multiple software projects, working with interacting and overlapping software teams.
* Manage tasks, priorities, risks and dependencies for large-scale software projects, spanning 6-12 months and as many as 15-20 contributors.
* Manage project tracking via Scrum in Jira.
* Manage and lead sprint standups, planning, review and retrospective meetings.
* Work with the product management team, QA and customer support teams, defining project timelines, dependencies and work schedules.
* Define and manage project reporting to stakeholders.
* Define and iterate on internal reporting to improve team efficiency and reduce external overhead.
* Work to improve use of tooling, communication tools and iterative documentation.
* Interacts with customers (internal and external) at all levels or organization. Proactively partners with other departments to provide information and feedback, analyze reports for continuous improvement and resolve issues.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, related field or equivalent, relevant experience.
* 3+ years in the commercial software development field, ideally in software project management.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Dynamic personality with experience achieving challenging objectives and maintaining high standards in a demanding environment.
* Ability to work in a continually changing, fast-paced, dynamic environment and driving issues to resolution
* Excellent collaboration, communication and presentation skills.
* Personal leadership skills with successful track record of leading team to accomplish difficult objectives.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Excellent technical analysis, planning and problem solving skills.
* Good knowledge of a defect tracking system and exposure to Agile methodologies.
* Professional experience with Jira, GitHub and TestRail a plus.
* Experience in backend CRM systems and customer life cycle events is required. Experience in an automated testing environment a plus.
* Understanding of telematics including GPS systems, mobile phone technology and location based services a plus.
* Experience with MS Office software, presentation software and project management software.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius XM
Sirius XM Holdings is a radio broadcaster.