Invitae is a healthcare technology company that leverages genetic information to empower doctors and patients to make informed medical decisions. Our software engineers work on a variety of projects ranging from innovations in healthcare systems to taming the chaos of biology. We're constantly improving our tools and technologies to deliver the highest quality actionable information for patient health.
About our team:
We are a cross-functional team of scientific domain experts and dedicated, curious engineers. We build systems that take massive amounts of genomic data, combine it with the world's scientific literature, add to it years of rigorously curated results, and package it all neatly for our scientists to consume. It's a lot of information. As the data gets bigger, our systems need to get better and faster. That's where you come in.
Who you are:
You are an experienced software engineer with a passion for building clean, performant, scalable systems. You like to be hands on in measuring performance, detecting bottlenecks, determining root cause, and implementing optimizations. You find this process interesting, challenging, and satisfying.
What you will do:
* Partner with software development teams to optimize application performance.
* Partner with software QA teams to develop and improve performance testing.
* Collect metrics and work toward continuous improvement of those metrics.
* Root cause analysis of performance problems all the way through delivery of solutions.
* Database tuning and query optimizations.
* Application tuning, taking into account code structure, data flow, concurrency, and infrastructure.
* Evangelize best practices and design principles for building performant, scalable systems.
What you bring:
* Experience with:
* Tackling problems of load, scale, and optimization in complex systems.
* Database tuning and query optimization. Postgres is a plus.
* Application tuning, especially in Python/Django.
* Profiling tools and collection of performance and resource usage metrics.
* Bonus: React optimization.
* Top notch communication skills. Experience with distributed teams a plus.
* Teamwork, enthusiasm, and a desire to never stop learning.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
InVitae provides genetic diagnostics for hereditary disorders.