Invitae is a healthcare technology company that leverages genetic information to empower doctors and patients to make informed medical decisions. Our software engineers work on a variety of projects ranging from innovations in healthcare systems to taming the chaos of biology. We're constantly improving our tools and technologies to deliver the highest quality actionable information to doctors and patients.
About the Genomic Knowledge Base Team
The Genomic Knowledge Base team plays a critical role in developing the software to enable clinical scientists curate information about genes and variants. Developing software to do this for a few genes is easy, but doing it across the entire genome and different functional domains at scale is what makes this challenging. The team leverages modern technology stack to represent and display highly complex genetic data and thus directly impact the lives of patients.
What you will do:
* Work with genetic scientists, genetic counselors, and other engineers to design, develop, and maintain new features for our internal knowledge bases.
* Help extend our database schema and API. Develop UI features to make it easier for users to curate data.
* Create simple, elegant, and performant solutions for complex, information-rich workflows
* Use open-source tools when it makes sense and keep with the latest developments in software.
* Work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
What you bring:
* Knowledge and/or experience with biology and genetics a big plus.
* Working knowledge of a full stack architecture. Even better if you know Django and DRF.
* History of designing and building outstanding applications from concept to launch.
* Experience working in an agile environment.
* Top notch communication skills.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
InVitae provides genetic diagnostics for hereditary disorders.