The Identity Division is out to revolutionize application development. In our cloud-first, mobile-first world, almost everything about application architecture has changed. Identity is the new common denominator: it is the thread that ties users, applications, data, and organizations together. We have a big vision, and we're looking for like-minded engineers who are passionate about delivering value to developers, enjoy a growth hacking environment, and are eager to play one of the most important long games for Microsoft.
We're looking for strong Software Engineers that are excited about participating in the open source community! The Microsoft Identity team (Microsoft Account and Azure Active Directory) needs help driving multi-platform and open source development. Building a successful identity system in the cloud requires enabling as many types of customers as possible, in as many ways as possible. We create SDK's, for Android, that help customers build mobile applications using Microsoft's Identity solution. This position offers an opportunity to do highly visible work that deeply impacts Microsoft core businesses and requires collaboration with open source and open standards communities. We need someone who is hands-on, detail-oriented, and obsessed with building a world-class developer experience.
* BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or 2 years industry/intern experience
* Minimum 5 years of software development experience designing, writing and reviewing code daily in a team environment.
* Experience designing and developing for Android
* Ability to operate in an ambiguous, rapidly evolving environment with one-foot inside Microsoft and one-foot outside
* A track record of technical leadership, exemplary designs and implementations, ideation and delivery of innovative services, features, tools and engineering approaches.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Building developer facing SDKs and development frameworks on Android
* Develop and foster strong relationships with developers on multiple engineering teams within the Azure Identity division to collaborate on experience development.
* Seek opportunities in our day-to-day workflow to improve quality and efficiency from ideation to deployment.
* Document your processes and workflow in sharable documents for future reuse and adoption.
* Use your experience with a broad range of technology stacks, platforms and workflow tools to do your best, most efficient work and teach others to do the same.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.