Organization Mission / Information:Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
Our teams are seeking Senior Software Engineering Lead (people manager), to join us as we create and deliver mission critical business services and processes for Microsoft. You will have the opportunity to design and develop creative, compelling, and cutting-edge end to end services and processes that support our world-wide operations. You will design and develop software and services at scale, innovating on the latest technologies as the earliest adopters.
* 8+ years demonstrated experience in designing and developing enterprise-level scale services/solutions.
* 3+ years of leadership and people management experience.
* 5+ years of Agile Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience
* 5+ years of full-stack software development experience to include C# (or similar) experience with the ability to contribute to technical architecture across web, mobile, middle tier, data pipeline and storage components.
* 5+ years of experience delivering scalable and resilient services at large enterprise scale, including experience in data platforms including large-scale analytics on relational, structured and unstructured data.
* 3+ years of experience as a SWE/Dev/Technical lead in an agile environment including 1+ years of experience operating in a DevOps model.
* 2+ years of experience designing secure, scalable and cost-efficient PaaS services on the Microsoft Azure (or similar) platform.
* Strong Architecture skills, and practical implementation experience of design patterns.
* Strong partnership, communication, and cross-group collaboration skills.
* Demonstrated ability to impact/influence engineering and project teams
* Experience shaping a DevOps culture with a vision for building and nurturing an innovative culture while maintaining a Live Site focus.
* Expert understanding of Engineering Excellence processes and requirements
* Expertise and knowledge in modern engineering practices (Continuous Integration, TDD, automated deployments with integrated quality gates)
* Solid object-oriented design, critical thinking, software debugging and problem-solving skills.
* Proven ability to quickly learn new technologies and efficiently collaborate with partners to deliver outstanding results.
* Attention to details and passion for high quality software.
* Experience with microservices, serverless architectures
* Experience in NoSQL data storage systems and patterns (for example Azure Tables, CosmosDB)
* Experience with data modeling
* Experience with newer technologies like AngularJS, Cordova, and ReactJS a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Lead a software engineering team of ICs to deliver enterprise scale, distributed systems with high quality and efficiency
* Effectively communicate and set the tone for the engineering team. Coach, and mentor the people on the team
* End to End engineering (from architecture, to supporting production) accountability for the service
* Design and Develop secure, maintainable, accessible, and scalable large, enterprise big data systems - ensuring that the services and the components are: well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable.
* Carry out quick technology "spikes" (or proofs of concepts) to create value in new features and service.
* Create enterprise grade systems through proven architecture patterns, designing well-defined interfaces across multiple components, rigorous code reviews, object-oriented programming, keeping agile release, maintainability, monitoring and alerting in mind.
* Leveraging data and telemetry to make decisions and driving feedback into systems design and implementation.
* Influence product & system technology roadmap aligning to business outcomes.
* Drive improvement of automated test coverage for services, organizes by implementing integration tests, functional tests, performance tests and proactively resolve problem areas.
* Gain a working understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with mentors and leaders in order to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users.
* Stay educated on existing, emerging technologies and do POCs to evaluate technology fits for customer needs.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.