The Developer Tools Group at Microsoft has one of the largest concentrations of compiler and runtime developers in the world. We have originated several of the hottest languages in the industry including C#, F#, and TypeScript. We build the runtimes, frameworks, and compilers for Microsoft's open source platforms like .NET and TypeScript and also contribute to other critical industry ecosystems like C++ and Python. We are looking for systems level engineers to help us build the next generation of runtimes and frameworks as well as compiler engineers to help optimize the performance of code on these platforms.
* 5+ years of industry experience developing commercial software
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Work in a collaborative environment to build features in our tools and runtimes, ship them to customers frequently and learn from customer feedback
* Build simple and powerful experiences in developer tools. The software you build will help millions of developers all over the world.
* Become part of a team where learning from peers and growing as a team is a core principle
* Work with a smart, technical customer base
* Work on difficult technical problems in a foundational space that will affect Microsoft's ability to deliver on features that target new platforms or provide new experiences
* Build code & design that has one of the most direct correlations to developer satisfaction, and by delivering high quality, performant, and elegant experiences you can greatly enhance a developer's day-to-day enjoyment
* Be a part of a motivated and collaborative engineering team.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.