The Office Media Group (OMG) has a simple vision - to empower a billion customers to achieve more with media. The team builds services, applications, and experiences that bring the power of media, including photos, video, and more to every customer of Office.
Within OMG, Microsoft Stream, our rapidly growing AI-powered business video sharing service, is a team of passionate and dedicated engineers who are working to build best-in-class video services for the enterprise. This is done by combining advanced video streaming technologies, like Azure Media Services, with cutting edge machine learning and AI technologies such as Azure Cognitive Services. Do you have the right skills to write and maintain services? Are you experienced in video streaming, editing or processing? Are you ready to be part of the media revolution?
Within Stream, action is valued highly over discussion, and responsibility for product decisions is placed at the front lines of the team. The team is diverse, humble and self-critical, and learn from both our successes and our failures. Finally, the culture within Stream is one of equal opportunity and where having fun together and working collaboratively is as important as the code we deliver, that we can achieve much more together than we can as individuals.
Do you think that are ready for the opportunity to make a billion people more productive with media? If so, you should come join us and apply today.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
* 7 years of experience as a frontend or backend developer using a modern OO programming language
* Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
* Excellent design and programming skills
* Able to meet Microsoft online service security screening requirements
* Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Preferred you have experience with one or more of these technologies:
* Image or video processing and streaming technologies
* Large scale cloud services implemented on top of the Azure suite of services
* Popular modern UI frameworks like Angular JS and React
* Comfortable learning and growing in a fast paced, start-up-like environment.
* Proven track record of strong customer advocate and creative problem solver
* Ability to quickly ramp up, understand complex problems, and create solutions across many products
* Passion for both systems design and cloud infrastructure
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form. OMG Team
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. OMG Team
In the Stream Engineering team, you would be responsible for helping to craft, build, grow, and operate our global-scale business video service. You would prioritize a secure, reliable, and scalable service, and be asked to watch customer feedback closely, and use it to help the team meet our goals.
As a senior member of our team, you should truly own your features and implement the client and service changes needed to complete your features from end to end. Be ready to focus on metrics and experimentation, and play close attention to data to ensure that new features are actually solving problems for your customers. Our modern engineering system makes it easy for you to make changes to our service, and changes typically enter production within a few days of being committed. Keeping a service of our scale working well requires constant investment in reliability and scalability improvements. These investments pay off in a better customer experience and reduced on call effort.
Some of the other responsibilities that you would have include:
* Have well-thought-out designs that take into account scale, performance, and maintainability
* Implement high quality code that needs little attention after completion
* Lead overall architecture choices for areas of the product
* Work closely and coordinate with partner teams to accomplish your tasks
* Mentor more junior members on the development team through design and code reviews
* Participate in, and support the culture
Help to build up our team through interviewing
* Work in a small, agile team partnering with expert engineers that behaves more like a start-up than an established team
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.