In Cognition, people-not devices-are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together-whether that's scientists "meeting" on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we're incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We're a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. We believe there has to be a better way. If you do too, we need you!
Working on the Mixed Reality Developer Core team, you will build software to help developers create Mixed Reality experiences for the world. This includes supporting the HoloLens Emulator, HoloLens Simulation and other developer tools critical for the ecosystem's success.
* 5+ years of relevant software design and development experience.
* Degree in Computer Science or equivalent tech, math, physics type degree
* Excellent technical problem-solving, design, coding, and debugging skills.
* Experience working with COM, Win32 and modern C++
* Great communication skills
* Proven ability to work across multiple teams and disciplines.
There are plenty of other skills that aren't required, but you'll find useful in this role.
Let us know if you have experience with:
* Software engineering experience shipping customer-facing products through a whole ship cycle
* Experience leading a team
Cognition. Mixed Reality
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Develop components that extend Mixed Reality simulation tools that developers rely on for application development and test automation, including contributing code to device drivers.
* Drive issues in the end-to-end developer experience with partner teams such as Visual Studio.
* Own and extend the Mixed Reality components of Windows Device Portal and drive related issues with the core Windows Device Portal team.
* Own accurate costing for your engineering activities and execute with high accountability to schedule and quality.
* Drive detailed design reviews, code reviews, bug/issue triage with the feature teams, and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals.
* Deliver software components of our products.
* Develop testing, automation, telemetry and data to track and ensure quality.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.