Would you like the opportunity to work on some of the most exciting technology areas? Would you like to contribute to shape the future Internet? Are you passionate about building high scale, performant, reliable systems that power millions of devices and servers? Then look no further than the Core Networking team. We build the network stack that powers all Windows devices all the way from IoT devices to highest end cloud servers in Azure. We also work on advancing the Internet protocols and to make the Internet more secure and performant. Our team is right at the forefront of defining and implementing the next generation of networking technologies
* 7+ years of experience developing software for shipping products.
* 3+ years of experience with C# code development
* 3+ years of experience with Container Networking, Software Defined Networking, TCP/IP, HTTP, TLS, Distributed Systems and/or datacenter management/automation
* BS in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent industry experience
* Solid architecture, design, development, and testing skills
* High-reliability platform development experience
* Solid analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills
* Proven ability to drive scenarios end-to-end across multiple components
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
By joining our team you will be exposed to the latest in networking technology and you will craft its evolution. You will help build performant scalable system software, collaborate with other teams both within Microsoft and outside and help influence protocol evolution at the standards bodies.
What you will get: A collaborative and passionate team with excellent industry wide partnerships. You will work on cutting edge networking technologies and to help define them. We listen and respond quickly to customer feedback. You will ship your code often and to millions of systems. This is an exciting space and we feel this will be amazing opportunity for any talented engineer.
The Core Networking team is part of the Core OS and Intelligent Edge Team in Cloud+AI org. We work closely with web platform, kernel and security, Hyper-V, Azure, Bing, and with many external customers and companies
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.