To delight customers in a Cloud First world, Microsoft delivers highly available online services with cutting edge features and innovative functionality lighting up on a regular basis. Quality of service (QoS) is paramount as we continue to make deep investment in Microsoft Azure and its expanding customer base who rely on our services to run their diverse businesses. Availability, reliability, and performance are all key differentiators that customers demand and expect in cloud services when choosing a provider.
Azure has one of the largest and fastest growing storage services on the planet, holding Exabytes of data and files not just for our 3rd party customers, but also many of Microsoft's own services from OneDrive through Xbox. Our team is responsible for automation and tooling used managing Azure Storages capacity (storage and performance) lifecycle and service growth; including ensuring scale units are utilized effectively and decommissioned at end of life.
As a engineer on the Azure Storage capacity management team you will work on varied tasks and projects - from optimizing process and automation for capacity and migration management, developing new services to accommodate our ever-changing platform and offerings, utilizing data and reporting to understand and drive automation and reduction of Livesite and manual tasks.
Azure storage is a fast-paced team that just like to get stuff done. You will work with smart people who care deeply about creating a fun and supportive workplace, and you will have an incredible opportunity to learn and grow.
* 3+ years of service engineering or software development experience
* 2+ years of experience with PowerShell, C#, Python or other programing language
* Curiosity and willingness to ask questions
* Strong problem solving and communication skills
* Knowledge and working experience in capacity balancing and planning
* Love the next problem, the next experiment, the next partner
* Have a deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with groups, find win/win solutions and celebrate successes
* Experience with distributed systems
* Get excited by the challenge of hard technical problem
* Prior experience in Cloud service offering is a plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Drives cross team automation efforts to improve availability, reliability, and performance of capacity balancing and account migrations
* Troubleshooting complex automation and "bin packing" scenarios
* Leverage PowerShell, C#., flow and other means to quickly automate processes and manual tasks
* Collaborates with Engineering and PM counterparts to translate customer, business, / technical requirements into components of a service architecture, and operability
* Drive architectural design sessions with other team members to ensure feature parity and consistency in a rapidly changing environment
* Be available for an on-call rotation with the ability to troubleshoot and communicate outside of normal business hours
* Respond and resolve emergent issues, act as a crisis manager and subsequently follow through to prevent problem recurrence using a Problem Management approach
* Creates and implements standards and best practices, drives adoption across partner teams and external hardware vendors
* Measurably improve service maturity and scalability through process improvement and root cause analysis
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.