Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Be part of a strong team that influences Microsoft Services and products. The Digital Security and Risk Engineering (DSRE) organization within Core Services Engineering and Operations (CSEO) has a passion for enabling Microsoft users and businesses securely with the latest technology. The DSRE Security Intelligence Data Platform team is responsible for building out a first-class Enterprise Big-Data storage and analytics Platform. We are a relatively new team and we are growing fast! We are developing the engine that gathers, stores, processes and powers the security data, create and maintain tools to analyze line of business applications for security vulnerabilities. Security Intelligence Platform Team actively works with Data Intelligence, who analyzing and disseminating intelligence products and capabilities for Security Domain; with Security Tools Team, who build run-time protection tools to prevent or detect security vulnerabilities; supporting Identity Management, Security Assessment, User Access, Threat Intelligence analysis, Insider Threat Program and other areas requested by the business customers.
We are looking for talented customer-focused Developers and PMs who are passionate about Big-Data, Information Security, and Cloud. If you want to use the latest offerings from Azure while being part of the growing Information Security and Big Data fields, this job is for you. As a Software Engineer, you will own the end-to-end delivery of high quality software solutions and will productively develop apps that provide users with a great, consistent user experience.
A technical background in Security space as well as Data Analytics and Intelligence are beneficial for this job.
* 5+ years of experience in technical engineering role
* 5+ years of experience working with multiple program languages
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
Preferred, not required:
* 5+ years of experience in C#, SQL, ASP.Net
* 4+ years of experiences producing quality technical documentation for complex solutions
* 2+ years of experience with various Azure (or other cloud services) offerings
* 2+ years of experience with Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, ADLS, Cosmos, etc)
* Background in Security related technologies and/or knowledge of Security Information
* Data engineering experience or experience with Data Analytics, Data Reporting and Data Science related technologies
* Experience with the DevOps model including but not limited to Continuous Delivery, Telemetry, Testing in Production, and etc.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form. #CSEO #DSRE
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Core job responsibilities:
* Create and maintain an inventory of data sources; identify and implement data collection improvements; define data quality requirements.
* Develop tools that will allow us to validate the accuracy and completeness of data inbound to security tools; develop health monitoring and reporting functionality to inform on data transmission quality or service interruptions.
* Participate in Data Platform architecture designs, build and implement per solution requirements utilizing technical problem-solving, design, and coding skills.
* Work with HDInsight, Power BI, Azure Data Lake and other Data tools.
* Work with various Azure (or other cloud services) offerings and Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, ADLS, Cosmos, etc.)
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.