The Windows Kernel Security Core team within Cloud & AI division works on security innovations to protect users and enterprises from today's and tomorrow's attacks. The team's focus is taking advantage of virtualization and hardware advances to build fundamentally secure mechanisms and then develop security features utilizing those mechanisms to enable scenarios like code integrity, credential guard, secure biometrics, secure hotpatching and secure DTrace on Windows.
This is the team that designed and implemented OS defenses against the Meltdown and Spectre hardware vulnerabilities and there's on-going work to reduce the performance impact of these defenses on existing and future hardware. Aligned with Microsoft's cloud ambitions, the Security Core team aims to make Windows the most secure OS for both cloud and enterprise/consumer scenarios.
As part of this evolving team, you'll get a chance to:
* Collaborate with some of the most talented engineers in the industry and share knowledge and experience
* Stay on the cutting edge of OS fundamentals and security research
* Work with CPU architects from Intel, AMD, Qualcomm, ARM, etc to participate in the future of hardware and OS integration
* Deliver industry-leading performance, scalability, energy efficiency and security for ambient computing scenarios of tomorrow
* Passion for building high-quality software and fostering a quality-oriented team culture
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering
* 8+ years of software development experience, preferably in a systems area
* 5+ years of experience with C/C++
* Experience with x86/x64/ARM architecture and assembly preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
* Lead and grow a strong and dynamic team of engineers
* Learn and share ideas continuously
* Drive for quality in everything you do
* Collaborate across team boundaries to define and drive team charter and vision.
* Provide technical leadership across the Windows Core and Azure team.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.