Be part of the next revolution in computing! Join Microsoft's Quantum Architecture and Computation team and work on applications of new computing hardware, including quantum computers. Our mission is to develop computing systems to solve currently unsolvable problems. We are looking for an exceptional software developer.
Key success factors include:
* Demonstrated skills in the development of highly optimized software across a range of platforms
* Experience designing and deploying Azure services
* Experience in high-performance and parallel computing
* Open to working with experimental hardware
* Ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries.
* Experience programming FPGAs is a plus
* 8+ years of professional software development experience
* 5+ years experience using Python, C++, or another high-level language for academic/scientific applications
* University degree in computer science, physics, engineering or related areas, or equivalent experience.
* 3+ years experience deploying Azure services desired but not necessary
* University degree in computer science, physics, engineering or related areas
* Experience in code optimization or high performance computing
* Experience deploying Azure services or similar cloud environments desired but not necessary
* Experience working with FPGAs or other customer hardware a plus
* Willingness to learn new technologies
* Energized by a collaborative, innovative environment
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
This role will involve software development of existing and new algorithms focused on optimization. It will also include developing services in Azure.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.