At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber Eats is the fastest growing food delivery platform in the world and over the last year we have 10xed our gross bookings! Our Uber Eats team is helping to redefine on-demand food delivery for a new generation. With Uber speed, professional delivery partners, and partnerships with the world's most beloved restaurants, we are bringing convenience and happiness to people one meal at a time.
Uber is an established company with a well known brand, but our engineering efforts in New York are just getting started. Help shape the culture here, and get in on the ground floor of something big.
Be sure to check out the Uber NYC Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Need
* Experience with writing, releasing, maintaining mobile code
* Strong expertise in Swift and Objective-C
* Experience analyzing a feature in production using analytics and experiments
* Strong focus on high-quality mobile UI experiences
* Experience efficiently collaborating on projects
* Deep understanding of iOS SDK
Bonus points if
* BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field
* Experience with other programming languages
* Contribute to the wider iOS community via open source
Team-specific focus areas
Additionally, Uber has a variety of roles and teams for you depending on where your interests match best.
* High performance systems - Experience with building high performance distributed systems that can scale to 100,000s QPS.
* Core Infrastructure - Experience with developing and running large scale distributed storage systems, service oriented architectures, and reliable monitoring and deployment infrastructure.
* Data Processing - experience with building and maintaining large scale and/or real-time complex data processing pipelines using Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Storm, and Zookeeper
* Machine Learning - experience with machine learning, information retrieval, algorithmic complexity, data mining, pricing, optimization.
* Geospatial - Familiarity with geospatial datasets and services, such as maps, local search, points of interest and business listings data, mobile device location and GPS traces.
Uber provides a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.