At Hologic, we're an innovative medical technology company that enables healthier lives everywhere, every day. We are also a company that prospers and grows, which is why we've been able to expand our offerings to empower even more people and champion women's health
What powers our growth across Breast & Skeletal Health, Diagnostics, GYN Surgical and Medical Aesthetics Solutions is also what differentiates us: the exceptional and clinically proven capacity of our products to detect, diagnose and treat illnesses and other health conditions earlier and better. This clinical superiority creates high expectations, which we fulfill by continually challenging ourselves to improve health through better technology, education and market access.
None of this would be possible without the talent and passion of our employees. Together, our expertise and dedication to developing and sharing more robust, science-based certainty drives our global presence and a promising pipeline that responds to the unmet health and wellness needs of women, families and communities.
While we focus on women's health and well-being, we are committed to having an even broader benefit on the world. Together, we advocate for better health and wellness through solutions that provide ever greater certainty and peace of mind.
Hologic is seeking a Senior Software Engineer responsible for being a technical, hands-on, professional experienced with embedded software development in medical devices. The senior software engineer will be proficient in medical device development life cycle and design guidance requirements. The senior software engineer will participate in software development activities including requirements, design, implementation and verification for complex electromechanical systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Design software for surgical instruments
* Participate in defining software requirements and architecture
* Author, execute, and document tests for unit and system verification
* Work with software configuration management, build, and verification tools
* Partnering with project managers to develop plans, monitor progress, and highlight development risks
* Execute to project plans delivering on cost and schedule commitments
* Collaborate with outside vendors to deliver products as designed in a timely fashion
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
* Knowledge of IEC 62304 development process
* Experience in Medical Device SDLC (Software development life cycle)
* Experience with formal testing and generating test protocols and reports
* Extensive experience with embedded platforms (MSP430, ARM Cortex A/M, x86/64)
* Working knowledge of communication protocols (UART, SPI, I2C, USB, or TCP/IP)
* Working understanding of common development tools (environments, compilers, build management software, debugging and source control tools, etc.) is preferred
* Skilled at developing applications at various levels (Bare metal, RTOS, embedded OS)
* Familiarity with laboratory tools such as Oscilloscopes and Logic Analyzers
* Proficiency in C/C++ and Java
* Experience with one of more source code management tool is required
* Experience with static analysis tools is preferred
* Experience with unit-testing tools is preferred
* Excellent written and verbal communication to understand customer needs and translate them into software design.
* Ability to resolve difficult technical issues with expedited schedules
* Flexibility to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities
* Willingness to accept new responsibilities and challenge themselves
* Must be able to work in a team environment
* Bachelor's Degree
* 5-8 years of relevant experience
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to Hologic must have a current executed Hologic Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource Department. In addition Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Hologic Recruiter. All resumes must be sent to the Hologic Recruiter under these terms or they will not be considered.
Hologic, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer inclusive of disability and veterans.
Hologic, Inc. is a developer, manufacturer, and supplier of diagnostic products, medical imaging systems, and surgical products