The Product Applications Specialist 3 is responsible for pre- and post- product launch development and commercialization activities to include development of instructions for use and training materials and tools, product training for internal and external customers, application/technical support, and troubleshooting Hologic's molecular products including instrumentation, assay, and applications. Must have strong technical and decision making skills to adapt to ever-changing situations in a high performance culture and in provision of advanced level input and technical support for customer adaptation and implementation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
* Participates on core teams and global cross-functional support teams and represents the voice of the customer (VOC), along with Marketing, in terms of product development and customer deliverables, and advises and assists processes to ensure support and services are in place for clinical trials, evaluations, and commercial launches.
* Provides technical assay and instrumentation knowledge and conducts customer training for clinical trials and studies/evaluations.
* Responsible for generation of technical content for new products including operator's manuals, training materials and tools, package inserts, reference guides, customer technical bulletins, etc.
* Monitors and escalates significant product issues or unresolved problems for trials and studies to management as needed.
* Develops and conducts high quality product training programs for internal and external customers (global).
* Participates on post-launch teams and global cross-functional support/commercial teams and represents the voice of the customer (VOC) and service and support functions. Provides necessary deliverables as identified.
* Maintains proficiency in all Hologic molecular products including automation.
* Provides advanced level technical support and performs in-depth data analysis and extensive troubleshooting for Hologic molecular products including automation.
* Responsible for generation of new and/or updated technical content for commercial products including operator's manuals, training materials and tools, package inserts, reference guides, etc.
* Develops and conducts product training programs for updates associated with commercial products.
* Conducts training assessments and continually evaluates training programs for areas of improvement.
* Provides input regarding updates to training programs based upon analysis of information from internal & external customers.
* Contributes in the development of new training programs.
* Creates and conducts advanced level troubleshooting training, including written guidelines for internal customers.
* Establishes and maintains training laboratory facility including supplies inventory.
* Provides backup support and performs other related duties as assigned by management.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* ☒ Sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
* ☒ Stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
* ☒ Lifting/moving and carrying products weighing up to 40 pounds.
* ☒ Exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration and/or moderate noise levels.
* ☒ Exposure to hazardous chemicals or other materials.
* ☐ Safety Shoes with Impact and Compression Protection Must be worn.
* ☒ Exposure to blood.
* ☐ Other (please specify):
* Ability to exercise discretion, foresight and independent judgement in performing duties, roles, and responsibilities.
Strong ability to assimilate new scientific and technical information.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, computer skills, and organizational skills.
* Experience with developing and delivering effective training programs. Strong and effective teaching/training and presentation skills.
* Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to identify and troubleshoot critical issues.
* Ability to work independently and shows initiative when dealing with internal and external customers and projects.
* Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in a team environment, on multiple and changing priorities, and adapt to changing plans and situations.
* Strong independent decision making skills while working with cross-functional teams and organizations.
* Ability and willingness to travel as necessary.
* Knowledge and experience with molecular technology, assays, and automation (eg. Hologic assays and automation).
* Experience with customer relations/satisfaction.
* Requires a BA or BS degree
* 5-8 years related experience
Must follow all applicable FDA regulations and ISO requirements.
Hologic is an equal opportunity employer inclusive of female, minority, disabled and veterans, (F/M/D/V)
Hologic, Inc. is a developer, manufacturer, and supplier of diagnostic products, medical imaging systems, and surgical products