Company SummaryJoin our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American Title Insurance Company (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. First American's Data Tree LLC is the nation's leading provider of property information and online recorded public land records. We offer billions of imaged documents along with innovative, comprehensive post-closing and servicing solutions, including document retrieval, data delivery, lien release and assignment preparation, and document management services. We believe that our people are the key to the company's continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit www.datatree.com.
We are seeking a full stack Senior Software Engineer to join our Data Tree team in Santa Ana, CA! In this role, you will participate in the design, development, coding, testing, debugging, and maintenance of software code for our business applications, specifically DataTree.com.
* Full Stack application development experience.
* Tests and delivers software on time.
* Provides maintenance of developed software including regression testing and debugging.
* Builds test automation suites to ensure the quality of guest impacting products
* Formulates and defines system scope and objectives for assigned projects.
* Performs maintenance, installations, upgrades, and other technical duties associated with the support of product applications platforms and/or product systems platforms.
* Responsible for top-tier implementation and integration with backend databases.
* Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify internal business systems.
* Designs innovative solutions using a wide range of technologies
* Works with domestic and international application teams to design, develop, document and maintain application solutions for enterprise business applications
* Collaborates with cross-functional groups to define detailed specifications and may lead a small team to reach identified objectives
* Reviews source code to ensure best practices and ensures strict adherence to corporate security policies. Integrates components with external systems or data sources as needed
* Troubleshoots a wide variety of complex issues using creative problem solving skills.
* Monitors and reports to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions.
Knowledge and Skills
* The ideal candidate for this role is someone with deep Microsoft Full stack experience.
* 5+ Years Expertise in Microsoft tools and technologies, particularly C#, ASP.NET, MVC, Web-API, Entity Framework, .NET Core is a must.
* Expert level Experience with UI Technologies like SPA, AngularJS/ReactJS, jQuery, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap etc..
* Experience with WCF, traditional web services and windows services
* Familiarity with the Agile application development process
* Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server
* Strong working knowledge of SQL Server 2008+
* Strong familiarity with JSON and XML
* Enterprise application development experience
* Experience with Business Process Management is a plus
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* A thorough understanding of multi-tiered architecture and the software development lifecycle using a variety of methodologies and design patterns.
* Working knowledge or familiarity with industry standards and trends for service-oriented architecture, business process management and cloud computing.
* Experience with various computer platforms and application environments
* Expertise with developing multiple tiers of multi-tiered software applications
* Expertise in designing programs and applications
* Experience designing application systems
* Constantly updating personal technical and business knowledge and skills and mentoring others to increase the knowledge and skills of the team
* Strong organizational or Project Management skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical Range of Experience
* 5+ years of directly related experience
* Previous supervisory experience is must
* Experience working with distributed team is preferred
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
About First American
First American Title Insurance Company facilitates and streamlines real estate transactions by providing comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services.