First American Title
Company SummaryJoin our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889.We believe that our people are the key to the company's continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit www.firstam.com
The Systems Administrator role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, patching, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems. The Systems Administrator will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
* Receives work assignments through the "ticketing system" or from, Lead Administrators or management.
* Performs server hardware/software installation and maintenance tasks. These tasks range from standard in nature to complex.
* Installs and maintains infrastructure management tools.
* Provides advanced problem identification and resolution support services as well as performance monitoring and capacity planning support.
* Plays a principal role in the development and implementation of departmental workflow automation processes and procedures.
* A point of contact for internal and external customers, providing technical guidance and support for server/storage service offerings.
* Key contributor with technical evaluations and "proof of concept" programs as it relates to evaluating and implementing new technologies and tools.
* Required to provide on-call support during off-duty hours on weekdays, weekends and holidays on a scheduled/rotating basis.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
* Strong working knowledge of current Microsoft Windows operating systems and associated components with proficiency in installation, maintenance and operational support in large scale enterprise environments.
* Strong working knowledge of VMware and Hyper-V.
* General knowledge of Storage Area Networks as it relates to Microsoft Windows operating systems.
* Working knowledge in Cloud technologies - namely Azure and AWS
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot infrastructure problems specific to their area of technical expertise and potentially across technical disciplines.
* Working knowledge of scripting languages or other tools to enable workflow automation.
* SQL knowledge is a plus
* Generally requires BS Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Typical Range of Experience
* 5+ years of hands-on technical experience supporting some combination of X86 server, storage or networking infrastructure.
* 5+ years working with virtualization technologies such as VMware, Citrix, or Hyper-V.
License or Certification
* Microsoft Windows operating system
* Storage Area Networking
* Infrastructure Management Tools
* Vmware, Citrix, or Hyper-V virtualization technologies
* Cloud certifications a plus
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
About First American Title
First American Title Insurance Company facilitates and streamlines real estate transactions by providing comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services.
First American Title