Company SummaryJoin our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889.We believe that our people are the key to the company's continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit www.firstam.com
Seeking a talented Senior Data Engineer who thrives on pushing the limits of technology to research and development for multiple enterprise wide data management IT projects. Under general direction, Data Engineers are responsible for using a combination of open source, third party, and proprietary technology to improve and optimize the acquisition, data processing, and automation capabilities. This may involve building web-scrapers, creating ETL pipelines for new data sets, implementing data management workflows, or detecting anomalies to ensure data quality. Knowledge & experience with Informatica is crucial to this role.
* Build data engineering expertise and own data quality for ingestion pipelines.
* Drive technical excellence and implementation of best data engineering practices.
* Design, develop, support, debug ETL routines, MDM hub configurations, Data Quality Services, and Workflow solutions. MDM technical owneship across multiple domains, multiple technical areas: matching/merging/survivorship, data cleansing, workflows, UI, etc
* Strong understanding of ETL processing with large data stores. Strong data modeling skills (relational, dimensional and flattened). Strong analytical and SQL skills, with attention to detail.
* Work closely with the data analysts and business users, and database and systems administrators to create data solutions.
* Demonstrated experience working in large-scale data environments which included real-time and batch processing requirements using modern cloud and big data architectures.
* 5+ years of experience with Informatica MDM and DQ (data quality)
* 5+ years of hands on experience with SQL development, should be able to analyze, compare and profile data sets.
* Expert level proficiency in SQL. Ability to perform complex data analysis with large volumes of data.
* 2+ Years' experience with ETL tools and processes (e.g. Microsoft SSIS, Informatica and advanced SQL programming)
* Must have knowledge of Master Data Management and Metadata Management
* Experience with rules for match/merge, DQ and hierarchy management
* Exposure to PowerCenter is an added advantage
* Strong analytic skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets
* Proficiency with at least one of the following languages to extract and manipulate data: R, Python, Scala, Java/C++, or any scripting language.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
* Good communication and organizational skills
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent job experience and technical training
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
About First American
First American Title Insurance Company facilitates and streamlines real estate transactions by providing comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services.