RegularLocation: Irving, TX Position Summary:
The Connected Vehicle Services division of SiriusXM builds and delivers software-based services on our connected car platform. The software we develop not only adds convenience to the daily life of our subscribers, but safety and security as well; when the worst happens, our software helps to save lives.
We are transforming our existing CV platform from an on premise, monolithic, closed architecture system to a modern, open, micro-services, cloud-based system. Working on our team will give you the opportunity to craft software in an agile, team-focused environment while learning and exercising a multitude of skills. We focus on keeping developers happy and productive; fostering a positive atmosphere to help you make the right decisions and to learn and grow both professionally and personally.
We are looking for a motivated and passionate software craftsperson to help us create, extend, and maintain the core of our connected car software platform as we expand past our current offerings in services related to safety, security and convenience in order to take our business to the next level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Adhere to rules established to enforce test-driven/behavior-drive development, maintaining wiki pages, code style, and code group/peer review.
* Analyze requirements and technical specifications, and implement assigned development tasks using various web technologies.
* Work under the supervision of a more senior engineer, completing tasks with the expected degree of quality in a timely fashion.
* Develop, maintain, and debug cloud based micro-service APIs.
* Maintain and extend existing on-premise software systems.
* Dig in and troubleshoot pre and post production issues.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, related field, or equivalent, relevant experience. Master's degree preferred.
* 5+ years of experience as a software developer with experience in multiple development languages and platforms delivering multiple commercially deployed products to market.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Works well with others and is a skilled communicator both verbally and in writing.
* Acts with professionalism both in person and when working on the phone with partners.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and work under shifting deadlines with potentially ambiguous or nebulous requirements in a fast-paced environment.
* Excellent problem-solving skills.
* Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and skills.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Experience working in an agile software development organization; Scrum and/or Kanban.
* Experience with cloud development and deployment best practices on AWS (ECS, EC2, ECR, Lambda, VPC, S3, and IoT).
* Experience with Linux, HTTP, REST, JSON and IP technologies.
* Experience with data driven applications and the technologies to manage big data.
* Experience with development in an agile workflow utilizing TDD/BDD best practices in a continuous integration environment.
* Able to work within a Git/Gitflow-based multi-branched software environment.
* Proficient computer skills, experience with the Atlassian Development Suite (Confluence, Jira, BitBucket), Microsoft Office Suite (Visio, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law..
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius XM
Your favorite music, commercial-free, plus uncensored talk and entertainment, sports and Howard Stern.