RegularLocation: Irving, TX Position Summary:
SiriusXM's Connected Vehicle (CV) organization is transitioning to Agile and Scrum and is looking for Scrum Masters to join our team to help us master Scrum and deliver great products to our customers.
In this role you will be a key member of the engineering team responsible for ensuring the successfully delivery of Agile projects. You will be called upon to utilize your influence, leadership, project management skills and knowledge of agile to deliver customer value and to increase the effectiveness and velocity of the Scrum team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Lead Scrum teams to successfully deliver customer product increments.
* Guide, coach, empower the team and remove impediments to the team's progress.
* Providing Agile leadership and training, assessing the team's Agile maturity and constantly raise the bar to improve the team's velocity.
* Work with the engineering leadership team to provide project information, to coordinate activities between scrum teams and to globally raise the bar on Agile practices.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent, relevant experience.
* At least 3 years of experience as a Scrum Master for a software development team that diligently applied Scrum principles, practices, and theory and has successfully shipped multiple product releases.
* Scrum Master Certification.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
* Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
* Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team.
* Must have the legal right to work in the U.S.
* Understanding of the fundamental concepts of software development including continuous integration and deployment best practices.
* Experience in Agile measurement techniques and in establishing key metrics for tracking team effectiveness and velocity.
* Possess a deep Agile toolbox including awareness of various agile techniques, alternate project management approaches and the wisdom to understand when to apply which process to the problem at hand.
* Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc).
* Experience with Atlassian JIRA defect tracking, Footprints Service Core, AgileCraft-scaled management software a plus.
* Experience with DevOps, ITIL, Cloud Services, IT Infrastructure and Operations, including environment standup, server builds, firewalls, security and compliance.
* Demonstrable, recent experience developing web-applications or microservices using Java and/or node.js a plus.
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius XM
Sirius XM Holdings is a radio broadcaster.