Location: New York, NY
The Senior Data Architect, Business Intelligence will be responsible for defining conceptual, physical and logical data models and overall data flow for all business intelligence projects. The Senior Data Architect, Business Intelligence will collaborate closely with business solution management teams to understand business and functional requirements and guide functional design that produce scalable solutions to meet them. The individual should be proficient in areas such as; core data architecture principles, enterprise data warehouse modeling, data integration expertise using batch as well as near-real time methodologies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work as a senior technical member of cross-departmental teams on multi-platform database development.
* Analyze data across multiple sources to design and document logical and physical data models, and maintain the Enterprise Data Warehouse data model.
* Gather and define data requirements based on specific application business requirements.
* Define conceptual, logical and physical data models.
* Prepare normalized models and dimensional models.
* Have thorough understanding of data integration techniques and guide developers on efficient ETL design and development.
* There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this job.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or related course or equivalent, relevant experience.
* MS and Teradata Certification preferred.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience of data architecture with one or more of the following:
* SQL Server.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in designing conceptual, logical and physical data models, data dictionary maintenance, and metadata management.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in dimensional data modeling and business intelligence tools.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Must have extensive industry experience in data modeling, best practices and standards.
* Exceptional data modeling skills.
* Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
* Experience designing and implementing large data retrieval processes, billion+ records association and aggregations.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and with large teams.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate and gather requirements from the business.
* Ability to partner with enterprise architects, business architect, analysts and development team to deliver rapid iterations of complex solutions.
* Client facing skills.
* Good public speaking and presentation skills.
* Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
* Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
* Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
* Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
* Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
* Creative writing ability.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Excellent SQL skills for complex data analysis and data quality assurance.
* Strong Teradata desired or 7+ years of experience in either Oracle, MS SQL Server, Vertica, Netezza, etc. can be alternates.
* Comprehensive understanding of data warehouse design principles and ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve complex data integrity issues.
* Ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve complex data integrity issues.
* Subscription-based industry experience preferred.
* Knowledge and understanding of REST/SOAP protocols desirable.
* Understanding of data integration between on-premise and cloud-based data systems.
* Understanding of Big Data technologies and tools like Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Flink, Kafka, Scoop.
* Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius XM
Sirius XM Holdings is a radio broadcaster.