About the team:
Our engineers are pioneering tools and technologies to efficiently build best in class user experience across more than 10 platforms for multiple brands. We work closely with innovative design, user-experience, and user-testing teams to deliver dynamic experiences. Video is at the core of our streaming service and is supported by dedicated playback and infrastructure teams. As VRV is a multi-channel video offering, our CMS team supports both external partners and internal stakeholders end-to-end, as content is ingested and published within our applications.
Location: San Francisco
Our headquarters is located in downtown San Francisco, where our group of cross-functional experts assemble to create experiences for Crunchyroll and VRV's passionate communities.
Our ideal candidate is a back-end engineer. He or she is a professional with strong technical design principles - not a hacker. They understand the requirements and think before they code, adhere to principles of abstraction and best practices in API design, and are as cognizant of the limitations in what they build as they are of its capabilities. They are familiar with many technologies and pick the right tool for the job at hand.
A day in the life of the Engineering Team:
* Work with engineers, product managers and project managers to implement new features
* Improve the scalability of our services through proper planning and load testing
* Improve the availability of our services through better monitoring, performance reporting and error reporting
* Improve the server response times of our APIs by profiling, identifying and eliminating bottlenecks
* Consider system security in every design decision
* Work with operations to evaluate new infrastructure
* BS in Computer Science
* 5+ years working on API's and/or web technologies
* Strong fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and networking
* Familiarity with internet video and adtech is a plus
* Familiarity with MVC frameworks
* Familiarity with code design principles, patterns, and best practices
* Understanding of SQL and NoSQL data stores and their applications
* Active participation in one or more open source projects is a strong plus
* Familiarity with Go is a strong plus
* Familiarity with React/Redux is a plus
* Familiarity with AWS technologies is a plus
Benefits and Perks: San Francisco Office
* Competitive salary
* Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
* Health care and dependent care FSA
* 401(k) plan with employer match
* Employer paid commuter benefit
* On-site gym, showers, yoga, and wellness classes
* Support program for new parents
* Catered lunch 4 days per week
* Fun, passionate, and skilled co-workers
* Pet friendly - pet insurance and dog friendly office
What's with the name, Ellation? We're all a cast of characters that get passion and strive to celebrate fandom in all its forms. So we're building a collection of destinations (a constellation, if you will) that connect people with their passions. Each day, we work to achieve complete fan elation (our vision), starting with popular subscription-video-on-demand brands, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, and VRV. Our team spans across San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Chișinău, and Tokyo to develop the product, design, engineering, marketing, and content that brings our communities of fans together.
Crunchyroll is the world's largest destination for anime and manga. We're an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for anime fans, through content (licensed, co-produced, and originals), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more.
Rooster Teeth is the entertainment company for gamers. A pioneer in digital entertainment, we've spent 16 years fostering a passionate worldwide community around original western-style anime, animation, podcasts, gaming personalities, and comedy content. Rooster Teeth's diversified business encompasses subscription video, live events, merchandise, brand integrations, licensed studio productions, game development, and more.
VRV is a collection of fandom brands on a unified platform and includes Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Viacom's NickSplat, and more. Our community connects through immersive content experiences in a digitally-driven environment via bundled subscription, a la carte subscription, or ad-supported options.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Ellation. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Crunchyroll is a video service provider for Japanese animated productions and Asian media services.