At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
In this role, you will act as a senior member of the Client Platform Engineering team that manages the global endpoints fleet at Uber. You will work as an SME on many key projects and initiatives partnering closely across product engineering and tech services. You will be responsible for hundreds of thousands of connected devices currently active in the wild. In addition you'll be partnering with core engineering teams to help scale and maintain our developer mobile device lab.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* We are looking for skilled full stack engineers with a passion for creating tools and services to enhance our Endpoint management and deployment.
* As a full stack engineer, you will work closely with our operations team, product managers, designers and customer to build technologies to help Uber expand and grow.
* From database schema design decisions to backend services to tweaking CSS, you will have a hand in all levels of the software stack.
* Design multi-platform user experiences, tailored to our internal Uber customers
What You'll Need
* At least 4 years of experience.
* BS/MS/Phd in Computer Science or related field experience required
* Demonstrated experience of shipping high-quality product features on an accelerated schedule
* Knowledge of a backend stack, including technologies like Golang, Java, Node.js, and how they interface with Redis, Kafka, or similar.
* Bias toward action. You believe that speed and quality aren't mutually exclusive. You've shown good judgment about shipping as fast as possible while ensuring your products and platforms are built in a sustainable, responsible way--and you're comfortable making mistakes, provided you learn from them.
* Unquenchable thirst for growth. You're not just looking for the next interesting challenge, but looking to push yourself to keep pace in our hyper-growth environment.
* Willingness to mentor. In a full-stack role, you are a polyglot, but maybe speak one language more fluently than another. Help those that are the reverse!
About the Team
Client Platform Engineering (CPE) is a core part of our infrastructure. CPE expands beyond a single platform and empowers devices to be deployed, from employee computers and mobile devices all the way to devices in our product organization deployed to our revenue facing business like Uber Eats and Uber Freight. This team is a diverse and dynamic group who are passionate about solving large scale problems with a mixture of 3rd party software and platforms combines with in-house built solutions.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.