At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
If you are looking for an unparalleled opportunity to impact Uber's critical businesses (and a whole lot of responsibility), you have come to the right place. We are the Compliance Enforcement Team, part of the Driver Compliance organization, and our mission is to ensure that trips on the Uber platform follow external regulations and internal policies.
We focus on building the infrastructure to enforce compliance requirements across millions of trips that occur on the Uber platform. The systems we build integrate with many systems at Uber, making us one of the most cross-functional teams at the company. We are looking for skilled engineers with a passion for solving complex problems and creating a lasting impact.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What you'll do:
* Design, deliver and maintain systems that enforce trip-scale compliance and impact millions of Uber drivers, partners and riders.
* Convert requirements into architecture and deliverables, while keeping operational issues in mind.
* Provide technical leadership and partner with fellow engineers to architect, develop and scale Uber's Compliance Enforcement Platform.
* Write clear documentation so that other engineers can partner to contribute and deliver.
* Drive ongoing efficiency and reliability improvements that improve the quality of the systems.
* Mentor and support your fellow teammates.
What you'll need:
* Expertise in Go, Python, Java, and other applicable back end languages. Familiarity with latest system architecture technologies, and trends.
* Extensive software design and development skills. Willingness to learn, and adapt to new technologies and contribute in a productive environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience working in an agile engineering environment.
About The Team:
The Compliance Enforcement team is located in the Pacific Northwest in laid back Seattle downtown. We are strong veterans in *distributed system, scalable services, and platform architectures*. We are passionate about our product and working to achieve excellence in our field. We are flat, agile and focused on tech innovation as a means to solving otherwise intractable problems. We emphasize ownership, responsibility, and helping each other. We are a centerpiece for collaboration with product managers, driver experience teams, operations, legal, and safety.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.