About the Job:
The Luna Engineering group is growing in Cambridge/Westford, MA. Akamai is looking for a strong Senior Software Engineer to help revolutionize the customer experience for Akamai's provisioning products. In this role, you will work on our foundational building blocks, implementing the vision of self-service micro-services infrastructure for the Luna web portal with rapid-fire product rollouts. You will develop a suite of scalable, resilient and very secure services underlying all of our products in the configuration domain. You will be implementing globally available, resilient and highly performant services used by millions of people every day. You will make key technical decisions and design choices, as well as writing amazing code. We expect and encourage you to learn, grow and take on ever more ambitious challenges as the company and team scales.
* Design, develop and enhance web-based applications which will be utilized by Akamai's customers (both internal and external) leveraging Java based components and tools
* Provide easy and intuitive access to complex test result data
* Provide Tier 3 production support for group's systems
* Work with Product Managers, Architects, and stakeholders in developing solutions for problems & new features/tools
About the Team:
Our software underpins Akamai's exceptional level of customer service across its entire portfolio of solutions. Building our software is a challenging problem on multiple fronts: a) the size and global spread of Akamai's customer base, b) the diversity and scale of Akamai's solutions, and c) 7000+ employees dispersed in locations around the globe. The team has a direct impact on Akamai's day-to-day business efficiency and the quality of service received by its customers. The team's work encompasses the full engineering cycle: derive requirements, define features, design and develop the implementation, verify for correctness, analyze usage patterns, build new systems, and scale and extend existing systems as Akamai grows its business.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field with a minimum 5 years of professional experience or
* Master's degree in Computer Science or a related with a minimum 3 years of professional experience
* Minimum of 5 years experience with the complete software development life cycle, from requirements to design, implementation, unit testing, code reviews, release and production support.
* Minimum 3 years of development in Java
* Minimum 3 years of experience with web application development, design patterns, and frameworks (e.g. REST, Spring etc.)
* Minimum of 2 years of Database experience, specifically Oracle and/or SQL
* Experience developing software in using Agile processes
* Experience with Spring, REST-based Web Services
* Familiarity with Docker
* Experience with Angular
* Proven ability to develop distributed systems and web applications using java, relational database…etc.
* Proven ability with design principles and pattern-oriented software architecture
* Experience with cross-platform, multi-browser web page development
* Understanding of performance issues related to web development
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Understanding of internet protocols
* Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai Technologies is a provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications across any device.