The Senior Enterprise Solutions Engineer (ESE) is a technical sales specialist with a deep understanding of enterprises' digital business, infrastructure, security, and application access requirements of today's fast changing IT environments. They employ IT, industry vertical, and technical expertise to address customer business challenges and technical needs, and prescribe solutions from Akamai's innovative enterprise security, identity, and access solutions to address customer security needs. The ESE has proven technical pre-sales experience, vast industry experience, and is proactive and self-directed - responsible for leading technical sales activities with customers, architecting solutions using Akamai's products, independently managing the technical relationship and enablement activities, and assuming subject matter expertise and enablement responsibilities within Akamai.
As a Solutions Engineer you will be responsible for:
* Work closely with Akamai Enterprise Sales to support existing and prospective customers to incorporate Akamai Enterprise products and services into their architecture and operations to derive business value and adopt Zero Trust architecture.
* Strategize with and assist customers as they move to more agile, secure, identity centric security models by taking a consultative approach to solutioning and solving challenges around next generation security transformation.
* Support Enterprise Channel partner revenue generation activities, including enabling and educating the partner on combined technical value proposition, and assisting with qualifying opportunities with solution decisions.
* Lead proof of concept (PoC) and beta programs with customers and partner teams to ensure technical success and delivery against business objectives, which may require on-site visits, deep-dive enterprise architecture discovery, and hands-on software configuration
* Educate, enable, and work closely with Akamai's cross-divisional direct sales teams on the Enterprise solution portfolio
* Partner with product management and engineering teams to develop the tools and collateral needed to support the technical teams engaged in selling and fulfillment
* Collaborate with the engineering and product management teams to influence product roadmap and the inclusion of business priorities and requirements of early adopter customers
* Participate in industry events as a technology evangelist, speaking with prospects and customers, and presenting the technology
* Show high standards of leadership, teamwork and accountability - proactively partnering with sales, our partners, within the team, and providing knowledge transfer among peers (for example creating case studies, best practices, processes, and documentation)
* Travel up to 40%
About the Team
Akamai's Enterprise Division is a dynamic business unit responsible for developing and selling Enterprise Security, Identity, and Application Access products that enable our customer's Enterprise IT and Security teams to adopt a Zero Trust approach for securing their networks. These solutions provide secure, fast, and reliable access to enterprise applications behind the firewall without the need for VPN and help to mitigate endpoint malware, command and control, and phishing attempts, allow for safer, easier, and faster security transformations. Our goal is to secure, protect, and accelerate all Enterprise communications as a cloud gateway service. The division consists of product management, engineering, sales and technical pre-sales, product marketing, business development, and product support, and works closely with several other groups within Akamai and external partners.
Required Education and Experience:
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* 8 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
* 6 years of relevant experience and a Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
* 7+ years of experience working in large, complex customer facing environments in a role such as technical pre-sales or consultant, responsible the technical opportunity sales cycle, as well as influencing C-level stakeholders.
* 5+ years of experience in technical pre-sales, working directly with customers.
* 5+ years of experience of internet technologies and network protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, and DNS as well as experience with remote access technologies such as VPN
* 3+ years of experience in the web application security field
* Experience with Enterprise IDS/IPS or Web Application Firewalls
* Experience with Secure Internet Gateways (SIG) or Secure Web Gateways (SWG), Identity Access Management, and Digital Identity
* Architecting, designing, and supporting enterprise-class networks
* Knowledgeable in the concepts of Zero Trust security
* Familiar with and Experience in Identity Aware Proxies, Identity as a Service, and Software as a Service
* Experience with malware, phishing, anti-virus, threat landscapes, and social engineering
* Experience with routers, network appliances, WAN Optimization, and Virtual Machines
* Strong background in Layer 7 technologies and protocols, such as HTTP, DNS, SSL, Web & App Servers, Load Balancers, Content/Application Delivery Network (CDN), HTTP Streaming, Mobile Site/Application Acceleration, Three Tier Architectures
* Knowledgeable with identity, authentication, and authorization technologies such as SAML, Kerberos, Active Directory, LDAP, IdPs, and secret-key cryptography
* Industry recognized certifications such as CEH, CCSP, CCDA, CCNP, CISSP
* Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills appropriate to both technical and management clients
* Experience developing and enhancing strong client relationships
* A proven track record demonstrating good business judgment, an ability to make decisions, and a passion for excellence
* Excellent English language skills
Akamai Technologies is a provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications across any device.