The Sr. Platform Operations Technician role works in one of Akamai's four Network Operations Command Centers. This position is on a 3rd shift of Monday - Friday, 11:45pm - 8am.
The Akamai NOCC enables proactive monitoring and troubleshooting of all servers in the global Akamai network. In addition, our NOCC has the industry's best view of the real-time condition of the Internet. The NOCC's proactive stance and unique view ensures a seamless response to network conditions - enabling Akamai to deliver rich media content and applications, regardless of network traffic volume. Each NOCC is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by expert Platform Operations personnel. The NOCC is responsible for the following areas:
* Network monitoring * Ticket resolution * Software Installation * Threats and Alerts * System Automation
Key Technical Skills used in NOCC:
* Linux System Administration (@ CLI) * Networking and Troubleshooting * SQL * Unix Scripting and Perl
About the Job
This is an opportunity to work in a large scale, global Platform Operations department. Working as part of a team that develops and executes the systems and processes that are used to monitor and maintain Akamai's systems in the most effective way possible.
About the Team
The Akamai Network Operations Command Center (NOCC) team you will be joining is responsible for the availability for Akamai's deployed network. To achieve this goal, the NOCC is responsible for:
* Monitoring Akamai's deployed network. * Resolving service interruptions either within the NOCC or by escalating to other entities inside or outside of Akamai. * Managing and tracking events through resolution and maintaining a history of network-impacting issues. * Providing ongoing maintenance and administration for the deployed network. Controlled deployment of new software releases across the Akamai Platform Monitoring, troubleshooting & correcting server and network problems. * Working with various third parties (Engineers, System Architects, Infrastructure Vendors, Customers, and Developers) to narrow down problems and achieve resolution. * Clearly and effectively documenting information in the Trouble Ticket system for communication to other staff.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet the following experience requirements:
* 2 years of relevant experience
* 2+ years experience designing and administering a monitoring and reporting solution in a high availability environment * 2+ years of experience with UNIX system administration
* Strong written and verbal communication * Working knowledge of TCP/IP in internetworking/WAN data communications
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai Technologies is a provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications across any device.